MID OHIO TRAIL RIDE

Started by Rain Man, July 09, 2004, 07:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

Whats the possiblity of pulling this off? This would be alot of fun.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

rich allison

Give me some ideas on what day  you would like to ride. How many people would like to ride. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I'll see what I can throw together.

thanks

Rich Allison
Rich

OUCWBOY

Rich,
I think you got their attention!!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

t20sl

Rich:  Are you talking about the enduro that ran in the late sixties early seventies out of Kilbuck, OH?

chicagojerry

richard, what town are located in? i'm near wakeman oh. and i used to be the trail boss for an 100 mile enduro in roselawn IN. as well as currently doing the course layout for a local harescramble. drop me a line sometime if you would like to discuss this further.
[8D]   "chicago" jerry

Paul Danik

Just a reminder that Ted del Solar is going trail riding in Michigan on April 23 and 24 and has invited anyone who wants to join him to attend. The three trails that he intends to ride are Ceder Creek which is 25.6 miles, Holton 46 miles and Horseshoe Lake 38.5 miles. More details are in the topic Michigan Trail Riding 4/23 & 24
Paul

Merlin

......dumb question,to go on the ride do we need to be "street legal"? Sounds like a bunch of fun with a certain "Jackpiner" aka my metal mistress..............:D
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

rich allison

Yes this is where they had a couple of enduro's inthe late 60's. One of the old timers told me Mr. Penton rode a BMW in one of these Enduros. All of these trails will be on private land connected by Township roads. You can get ATV stickers if you have a headlight and taillight and proof of ownership, this will allow you to ride on the roads to get to the trails and to the strip mines.

Rich Allison
Rich

cubfan1968

Who do I contact to get the ATV sticker and what time Saturday do you want to ride?

I should probably slow down abit here. Having never been to the Mid Ohio, I'm unsure of the schedule of events and how busy it gets. I would like to defer to some of the senior members to give their opinion.

I know my wife would love to see me take my bike out there. She knows there would be less chance I would haul another one back.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tmc3c

Rod, Let me tell you when I went to Mid-Ohio I didn't see one race or anything.I stayed at the Penton Tent Friday and Saturday meeting everybody and then I played golf with the guys and then it was Sunday and time to go home again.The funny thing was I was blown away with the whole weekend and would do it again in a heartbeat and WILL SOON !!!!:DThe problem with bringing a bike is what to do with it when you are not on it,unless you have a cargo trailer or van.A friend of mine said the first time you go don't bring your bike because there is so much to do and see.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rich allison

I was thinking Thurs. or Maybe Fri. I'm playing golf Sat. morning and this my first Vintage Days and don't want to miss anything. Since I don't live very far away I figure on hauling a dump truck load of treasures home.

Rich Allison
Rich

HD Raidel

If you need markers, help marking, etc... [email protected],  Heinz Raidel  

Sometimes the only mark you leave in life is in your shorts...
Sometimes the only mark you leave in life is in your shorts...