73 Six Day Paint Verfication & Guidance

Started by GaryDowling, August 04, 2006, 12:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

Gary,It sounds as if you your boy are in for some fun!if you find a decent spray can match for touch ups on cmf green please let us know-OK? Thanks, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

GaryDowling

Ric,

I will definitely post anything I figure out with spray bomb Six Day Green! Stay tuned for more of Gary & Mike's Excellent Adventure!

My son and I are having a "big time"! Until we get our restoration plan together, we are riding it and doing small, baby step cosmetic/minor mechanical work. For example the bike had a good, but tired Petty "Muder" front fender. My son (Mike) scoured the POG Forum and found threads about using Krylon Fusion spray paint. He cleaned the fender, painted it, and now has to show everyone who visits - "his" fender. This early victory has him diving in with both feet.

I am appreciative of several POG members who have stepped up to help me with sorting through the details: Rod Whitman, Kip Kern, Tom Brosius, Ted (t20sl), Patrick Houston, Dennis D and Chris (crheeterman), most recently.

There is a ton of knowledge in the POG organization - frankly it was this knowledge base that gave me the motivation to get my first (did I say "first" out loud?) Penton.

Thanks everyone - more to follow.

Wow . . I now have three stars next to my name! Yeah, I know - I talk too much.

Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day
Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day

DKWRACER

Hi Gary, the POG needs more members like you! A father/Son project, what class! No doubt, you will prolly be looking for another!

Thanks for Sharing!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

checkcrew

Gary, be careful, i just brought 5 more Pentons home last week from Mid-Ohio, my 14 year old son works with me on all of our bikes, it's a great thing for them to be involved, start looking for your next one of many !!!, good luck, regards, Mike G.

Mike Gallagher - 71 Six-Day 125 Steel Tanker, 2- 1972 Six-Days, 73 Six-Day, 74 Six-day, 73 Jackpiner, 74 Mint 400, 76 MC5-400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

t20sl

Gary:  Check out the Pontiac (GM) green used a few years back.  I just saw a Grand Am several years old that looked pretty close today.  I thought boy that looks close to the Penton Steel tanker green.  Sorry, don't know year. Ted

GaryDowling

Tom B. - Thanks for the thoughts. I always look for projects/sports/hobbies with each of my kids. Mike is the youngest (12) and has an afffinity for dirtbikes. The Penton has been a great history lesson for him. If your website has been showing spikes it "hits", that's Mike and I looking at your cool fenders!

Mike G - Cool that you, too, have father/son projects. I have got to get another one! I bought this 73 CMF Six Day from Don Roth. He sent me a photo of himself with a CMF, Berkie, Six Day, & Jackpiner - all in a row. I think I may try to replicate that photo in Atlanta! I can't beleive the list of bikes in your signature line - looks like a dealership inventory.

Ted - Good call on the GM / Pontiac Green. I am "on it" and will report back. Thanks for thinking of me. Some day a steel tanker has to be in my garage. The CMF bike we have is street legal and I ride it around the neighborhood and community. My wife keeps catching me riding past the house wearing a huge grin. My Harley is getting jealous.

Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day
Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day