250 Sachs on ebay

Started by Auto5guy, January 20, 2007, 12:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowhouse

Jeepers Creepers! If I spent that much on a project anything the Mrs would have me sleeping out in the garage next to my Husky. Which, I suppose, wouldn't be too bad considering how much I love the smell of Bel-Ray and WD-40:D

Thanks for the info Dwight. The closest I got to Hercs in my youth was when I saw you guys flying by me while I was a young lad watching you race them during the 2-Day Qualifier at Fort Hood, Texas.[8)]

Yes, thrownchain, a cowhouse I suppose is a barn. OK, OK, it obviously is a barn! But I'm actually referring to the Cowhouse Creek that runs through Fort Hood (my boyhood initiation into all things enduro/isdt/off road goodness). Our club there also put on an annual 100 mile Cowhouse Enduro. How's zat for obscure references?![:p]

Cowhouse don't want to be in no doghouse. So I say to you, "Good luck with the Herc purchase and post some pictures when you get the resto going." Oh ya, that photo-by-photo resto I was referring to earlier, I think I stumbled across it sometime around Christmas.

thrownchain

I can spend that much on a project, [no mrs.], long time single parent
. I went out and bought a digital camera so I can take photos of all the bikes, so I can track progress. I'll have a nice digital "album" of all the work.
I did a different type of "cowhouse enduro", milking cows. Twice a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year. For 30 yrs. How's that?
I looked high and low for the post you were looking for, no luck. sorry.    thx   Dan[^]

thrownchain

*&^%$, there's another bidder in the game, may have to lay low for a couple of days to keep the price reasonable, [maybe].[^]

Cowhouse

I hope you get the bike. I'm looking forward to seeing how that restoration goes for you. Checked out a couple of very nice fully restored Hercs at the Mid-Ohio this year, and they were fantastic.

Milking cows, eh? That sounds like hard work. Being a big fan of the cow juice, I salute you! My coffee just wouldn't be the same without it:D

I'll try to find that resto I mentioned and, hopefully if I can find it, I'll send you the link. I remember that one of the final photos showed the completed bike along with a couple other Hercules resto projects. I'll keep looking.

rob w

sixdazed

I think the step by step Herc restore you are looking for is Herr Speedy's,the Hercules Master.It's on the Vinduro website under the title ...Story of the 76 gs175 7a then and now, or something to that effect and its an excellent story/pictures.Maybe look for Speedy's files on the Vinduro site...........Ric
Went searching for it but it's gone and he's started another gs250-7a found-i think.Whenever Speedy posts something Hercules restoration wise i try and save it on my computer.I'll search my computer for it.Maybe go thru December posts of files downloaded to Vinduro by clasenca-or whoever gets the bike ask Speedy real nice,cause whoever ends up with that bike you are gonna need him!
ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

thrownchain

Very nice site, thx for posting it. [^]

Cowhouse

Dats the one, sixdazed. Thanks for finding it. I was starting to worry that maybe I was hallucinating. And thanks rob w for the ktm resto link. Man, you guys are way better than google:D

cowhouse

thrownchain

Did somebody on this site end up with this bike?? Just wondering.

Cowhouse

Not me. I dropped out early. I take it you didn't get it either?

cowhouse

thrownchain

No, I quit at $350. I hope it finds a good home. It was good fun bantering with you.   Dan[^]
Good find on that Sachs rebuild page. Nicely done.