V001 on ebay? Can it be true?

Started by Steve Minor, January 26, 2007, 08:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

10:41 CST and the price is $22,000 and the reserve has been met.  Someone new will own this piece of history...............

Mick

Big Mac

Here's how POG could buy and own this bike: $25,000 10-yr term loan at Prime+1% = $3840 per year, which is $12.80 in additional dues per year for 300 members, for the next 10 years (for example).

I underwrite equipment loans for businesses, including non-profits, all the time and this is easily within my credit authority, if the board wants to take the plunge.

Then again, some individual with the desire and wherewithal could buy it with cheaper money yet, and "lease" it to POG under similar terms, with $1 buyout at end or some such. Of course, the current owner could have offered something similar for POG, if they were interested in old bike history and the marque, instead of just a fatter wallet. ;^)

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

alandspeed

What happened to the bike?  Auction ended?  Anyone?

alandspeed

Well, in any case, three bids over $20,000.  This has to be some kind of record.  So much for private bidding in a case like this.  Wish we could have seen the results and now we wonder who really has the bike?  And I was going to stay up to see if the other side of the world was going to get in on the fun!

Mick Milakovic

The owner ended the auction early and either took an "over the top" offer by someone or, like an earlier post said "to test the waters".  Either way I would think that the value for every Penton we own just went up. As to whether this is a record?  For a Penton it is, but I'm sure that some other motorcycles like certain Black Shadows or Hendersons have gone for more.

Mick

desmond197

Who ever the new owner is I would like to invite them to bring the bike to the Radnor Hunt Concour.

sixdazed

Rumor has it that a last ditch effort with many involved kept V001 in the family!As they say in the newspapaer business it came from a very reliable source.

I suspect that those with all the details will be making a post regarding this soon.        
                                Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

pakala

Congratulations Ron&Group.
        Paul(socal)

yamahawr250f

What happened?  Enquiring minds want to know.

thrownchain

Hopefully it will go to someone like Kip, who can put it into as was origanal condition, then shown to the world as the milestone that it truely is.