Started by Larry Perkins, March 26, 2010, 06:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Victor,
  I will look forward to seeing you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Still trying to get some help with driving to rider changes/pits.Any takers please let us know asap.Running short on time.Thanks,ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by VICTOR MONZ

Skip.

Is that "old rust bucket" of a 250, I restored a few years back avaiable ?

Kinda wish I wouldn't have let it go, but at the time RC did me a favor as I panicked when I had that heart attack.

I am wanting to finish out my original 1973 Penton Plan, before I get "hitched" later this year, the plan being 100, 125, 175 and 250.

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help when it was needed.

Victor

I am still planning on "pit crewing" and will send some confirmations when I return to California, but no "posse" as my future wife has no knowledge of the race girls...I usually say it is a bunch of "old guys" like me put, putting around.

It could be.  Email me at [email protected]

Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

garrettccovington

Unfortunatly, I can't help in mesquite.  I thought may be work would give me some time off.  I wish i could go.  

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Larry Perkins

Thanks anyway Garrett.  Hopefully we will get to meet before the end of the season.  

If there is anyone out there to help please let us know as we could use it.  If not we have a plan to pit ourselves, it is just hard to get off the bike after 100 miles and immediately drive to the next pit to become pit crew.  We are consigned to do what it takes to get to the finish though.  Once again Tech is Friday the 23rd and the fun ensues all day Saturday the 24th with racing and adventure on the menu.  Come on who's up for adventure?

Larry P

Mark P

I'd like to come and pit a race but cannot get away from work. We're short patrolmen right now...

Larry Perkins

Thanks anyway Mark.  Keep up the good work policing.  We are doing two more after this one.  One in May in Parker, AZ and one in December close to Vegas.

Larry P

sixdazed

Not too proud to beg!I know it's way late in the game but we could still use a driver to drive chase/make rider changes.Everyone we had lined up either could not leave work or had other obligations.If you can be in Vegas fri. nite/saturday please let us know.Thanks,
                                             Ric
p.s.-Will supply Beer,food,and some gas $ if you can make it.As far as gambling stakes you're on your own;)
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Well I guess the Monkeys can do it on their own......I will let them tell you the details, but I got a call before I left California today and they have won again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Ernie Phillips

Congrats Monkeys:  Larry, Ric, Tom.  Looking forward to a race report.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

tofriedel

You guys are the BEST.  Congratulations on your win.

Tony Friedel
Tony

Larry Perkins

We are just stoked. How many times can you get lucky in a lifetime?  8 hours and 6 minutes 301 miles and the little orange booger just keeps on ticking.  KTM makes a great bike and I had two great selfless teamates.

Ric started and rode a little under a 100 miles. It was chilly and the sun early is always a pain.  Marcia and I pitted Ric at pit 1 and then drove to pit 3.  Tom was waiting at pit 2 and pitted the bike and then got on and rode.  Then Ric had to get in the truck and drive to pit 4.  Meanwhile Marcia and I pitted Tom at pit 3 and drove to pit 5 where I began to dress.  Ric pitted Tom at pit 4 and then drove to pit 6.  When Tom got his just a shade over 100 miles done I took over at pit 5 and rode it the last almost 100 miles.  The last pit was 6 and I got to see everyone there(Ric, Tom, and Marcia) before doing the last 60 miles.  I sweated having enough gas towards the end but it made it.  I also lost the backend corning a sweeping dirtroad corner at about 40 and did a little soil sampling but no big blood no foul.

The course was awesome and varied in elevation from 2000 feet to 7500 feet.  Tom and I both had sections in the mountains where snow was on the side of the trail.  Then down on the desert floor it was 85.  We accoumplished all of our goals on this one.  We had fun, did not get hurt, finished, won our class, and did not get caught by any of the trucks and buggies.

I can still hear that little bike screaming in the sand at 7000 feet gasping for air and screaming, "YOUR TOOOOO FAT OLD MAAAAN!":D

Next up is The Bluewater Grand Prix in 3 weeks and then we break till the 3rd week of August when we take on Vegas To Reno and 550 miles.  Could sure use some help on that one if anyone is up for big adventure that will go into the night with 800 horsepower trucks breathing fire on us.

As always thanks for the space to tell tales and thanks to all the POGGERS who support our efforts to win a Best In The Desert Championship especially Brother Ron.

Larry P

rpage11

Congratulations you guys.  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure you're ready for a cold one and a little rest now.  Have fun, Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com