Desert Monkeys Seek Pit Help for Silver State 300

Started by Larry Perkins, March 26, 2010, 06:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

The Desert Monkeys are looking for some pit help for next month's Silver State 300. We need at least one driver for pit chasing and rider transfer.  It is a 300 mile loop.  Ideally we could use a driver for one of our vehicles and one driver with their own vehicle.  We can offer all kinds of fringe benefits like a floor to sleep on, a little help on gas, a meal after, and all the stress of getting to a pit before the rider does.  You may also get to see up close and personal what it is like to get dusted by 500+ horsepower Trophy Trucks.:D

Check in & Tech are Friday April 23rd at Aliante Station in Las Vegas close to US 95 & I 15. The start and finish are close to Alamo, Nevada.  The race is Saturday April 24th.

Anyone interested in signing on please drop me an e-mail off site at [email protected]

Thanks for the space and any help that may come.

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  Let me see if I can make the trip?  Diamond Don's is the weekend before?  I will PM you.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

I may be able to help....I spoke with Ric and asked if I could help sometime this year....I'll will check Monday with the "boss" and keep in touch.  I would be honored to get involved, especially if Ron is coming.

If you'll have me, sorry no off road truck available.

Maybe My "pit crew" see attached picture can help, too !

[/img]

Of course I wouldn't want to de-focus you all with the females !

Victor

sixdazed

Victor,Don't worry we have an off road capable truck-my ford raptor makes me smile when i take it in the dez:D-and Carbaugh volunteered to drive if he can make the race.If not,you and your "crew" can drive chase.Hope to see you guys there.Thanks,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Larry,
  Give me a call today or tomorrow on information on the race and a hotel.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

I'll be back from Florida on the 8th...so I should be able to plan on it...gives me a couple weeks.

Should I plan on being there early Friday and enjoy the assistance all day Saturday...travel back on Sunday morning ?

Ron let me know where you'll stay, so I can get a room also....heck I can sleep in my truck with my "pit crew" :D, if they can go.

Victor

sixdazed

Victor,I usually get there friday noon.Sign up,tech inspection,etc. fri. day,riders meeting fri. nite,race saturday,limp home sunday morning sore and happy.At least that's what i've done so far.Hope you can make it-i think Ron is getting there Thurday,give him a call.
             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

firstturn

Ric,
  I included Victor on the mailing of where I am staying.  I hope to arrive by Thursday evening as I will have been driving all week looking for Pentons from Texas to Las Vegas.[:0]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Brother Ron,There's a guy in Tucson with about 20 Pentons-you might want to stop by there ;).See ya in Vegas!
                                                 Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

tofriedel

Tony

sixdazed

Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

firstturn

Ric,
  I will see if I can find that guy Skip?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mark P

I've been following this thread and Victor, I have to know! Are you taking your pit posse along for the race?!

rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by firstturn

Ric,
  I will see if I can find that guy Skip?

Ron Carbaugh

I saw you called last night.  Was at work late and have to get back at it to get a few things done this morning.  I'll give you a call around lunch time.  Talk with you soon, Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

VICTOR MONZ

Skip.

Is that "old rust bucket" of a 250, I restored a few years back avaiable ?

Kinda wish I wouldn't have let it go, but at the time RC did me a favor as I panicked when I had that heart attack.

I am wanting to finish out my original 1973 Penton Plan, before I get "hitched" later this year, the plan being 100, 125, 175 and 250.

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the help when it was needed.

Victor

I am still planning on "pit crewing" and will send some confirmations when I return to California, but no "posse" as my future wife has no knowledge of the race girls...I usually say it is a bunch of "old guys" like me put, putting around.