ISDE 2010

Started by Lloyd Boland, October 16, 2010, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

I'll repeat my question for Gary - maybe he's a little closer to the rumor mill.  Do you know why Ricky D is not on the 2010 World Trophy team this year? I know that he and Curt have bumped bars a few times this year, but sheesh....2nd overall in 2008, right?

Don't quote me on this, but the rumors I've heard is that Ricky was not asked to join the team because he was more concerned about himself, and not about the team.

Good reason.  
Last year, he was asked to ride to a 250 Four stroke in the E1 class because he stood a very good chance to win that class. He told the team no, and said that he was going to ride a 450 because he wanted to go for the overall win.

After he dnf'd on the first day last year, instead of doing what he could to help the Team USA riders out for the rest of the week, he went home the next day.

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lloyd Boland

I am curious. Being a little clumbsy is this art, is this a tube exchange with the same tire, or is it a new tube and a new tire?  Any hints or tricks-of-the-trade you can enlighten us with.  At home I always let the shop do this, but at the track or in the desert, I always seem to have a knack for pinching the tube when I put the tire back on.

At the 1981 ISDE on my Suzuki PE125, I once changed 2 tires, Chain, and brakes front and rear in 12 minutes and still got into impound on time. I thought that pretty good.  GO CORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tooclose racing

Thanks for the update, Gary...that info is probably out there on some other message board, but I don't think I saw any articles or "op-eds" taking a look at the team selection.  Maybe it's just the National Enquirer side of me, but I think that is a pretty big deal. If this was Motocross Des Nations team (which - admittedly - is only 3 riders and much more in the limelight), the journo's would have had a field day with this situation.

And let me just say - I am IN AWE of some you POG members and your Six Day experiences, much less tire-changing skills.  When I try to describe the Six Days to others(purely from my Read All About It perspective), I find myself starting out with "you guys have no idea what these guys do...".

I would read every article, every word, that Cycle News would write up on these events.  BTW, THAT is something we are going to sorely miss going forward.  The videos are great, but they just don't get into the details like CN used to do.  

I salute!!

tooclose racing

Okay guys and gals - I'm sure a few of you have locked onto this site already:

http://www.isde2010.com/in_ns_isde-news/

If you haven't, you have 7 pages of news to catch up on!  [8D]  A  map of the area is on the last page and a .pdf event guide is on Page 3 of the news.

October 28-30, 2010 – Technical Inspection– Paddock Area

October 30, 2010 – Opening Ceremony – Downtown Morelia 18:00

November 1, 2010 – 1° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00  

November 2, 2010 – 2° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00

November 3, 2010 – 3° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00

November 4, 2010 – 4° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00

November 5, 2010 – 5° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00

November 6, 2010 – 6° Day of Races – Area de Paddock 07:00

November 6, 2010 – Final MX - El Aguila Racetrack 10:00 – 15:30

Gary Roach

The ISDE starts tomorrow morning!!!

Here's a direct link to live scoring and results:

http://www.isde-live.info/

Morelia's time zone is 2 hours behind us here on the East Coast.

Cory B has walked all of the special tests, and he's really ready to get started. His last text message to me earlier today said, "It's gonna be a good week. I'm so excited, this place is crazy. And if it rains, everyone is in for a big surprise!"

FYI...It's raining right now, and a chance of rain for two other days this week.

Cory going through tech inspection on Friday.

Fertilizing the special tests.

Mandi Mastin photos

sixdazed

Go Cory!It looks so far as if Caselli and Brown are right up there.I can't see anything past the top 17 on the specials,hopefully the other USA riders are going good and still running.
                                                    Ric
My computer wasn't letting me go past first page results-ok now,cory 8th o/a e3 class after 7th special test from what i can tell.
ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Bob Bean

At the 1981 ISDE on my Suzuki PE125, I once changed 2 tires, Chain, and brakes front and rear in 12 minutes and still got into impound on time. I thought that pretty good.  GO CORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Dwight,  
  I had to do some searching, but found this picture from the 1989 ISDE in Germany.

I had a fork seal start leaking and getting on the brakes. So had to change the fork leg and brakes, then did the front tire and still had time to do the rear tire.

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1985 Husky 400WRX
1985 Husky 400WR
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany