Pat Leimbach

Started by Admin, December 17, 2012, 09:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Schulz

Our deepest sympathy goes out to the Penton and Leimbach families.  May the God of all comfort be with you now as you grieve the loss of Pat.
Mike and Karen Schulz

Fred Deagostino

I would like to offer my sympathy and condolences to the Penton's and Leimbach's also.
 I did watch Pat's video's just to get a sense of this obviously significant person in this community that I'm just now getting to know.
 Having watched and listened to her I could not help but observe, in the most very affectionate and complimentary sense, 'Yup, that's a farm girl'.
 High praise indeed.     regards,  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Dwight Rudder

joe novak

God bless Pat.   She was a wonderful woman.

johnborn

our condolences to the Leimbach and Penton families, from the Born family.

454MRW

I wish that the Hollidays don't bring sad memories for some in the future, and that peace and Gods will shall comfort the Leimbach and Penton family in this time of sorrow. My condolences, Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Gary Roach

Our deepest sympathy to the Penton & Leimbach families for their loss. Mrs. Leimbach shared so much of herself and brought a lot of joy to many because of it.
Gary & Toni Roach

tomale

I am so sorry to hear the news, please know that we will continue to hold the whole family in our prayers.. May the peace the passes all understand guard your hearts and minds...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Thanks Paul.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

ALB

My condolences to the Leimbach and Penton family on the transition of Patricia Leimbach.
Any feelings of sadness I have are now over with the news of her passing. I last saw her at the January POG "Family Nite" meeting. Old age had been gradually taking it's toll on her. Most obvious was her hands which were arthritic. At that meeting her hands were so bad that she was no longer able to open them up to use her fingers and it saddened me to see her having to use both hands to hold a cookie that she was eating.
      My feelings right now are of happiness and appreciation. Happy that her troubles are now over and she is free of her worn out body. I sure do appreciate having the opportunity to have met her and getting to know about her being a famous writer and a farmer's wife.
      I first met her at an AMA Vintage Days event that was held at the old Powell Speedway in Columbus, Ohio. John Penton was the guest speaker at the Friday evening dinner and most of his family was there to hear him talk.  After the founding of the Penton Owners Group she attended several of the functions. The first one was at the restaurant in Amherst, Ohio where John was presented his AMA Hall of Fame award.  
      She took a back seat to John at the POG functions up until Paul Danik invited her to make a presentation at our POG "Family Nite" meeting in December of 2001. At that meeting she stole the show acting out her stories as she told them and more than once had John Penton blushing. At the end of the meeting I purchased all 3 of her books  and had her autograph them. Reading those books gave insight into who this wonderful lady really was. Without knowing her, she appeared to be just some small, frail, elderly lady. In reality she was an enthusiastic person with a zest for life, and tough as nails. She was fully capable of keeping up with her brother John and very successful in her fields (pun intended).
     I look back in disbelief over all the amazing things that have transpired because of the Penton Owners Group. If this group had never come about I would not have had the opportunity to know not only Pat, but her son Dane,  and Al Born. Oh, and all the other Penton family members and Penton Owner Group members who are still alive and kicking. We are all truly blessed and have much to be grateful for. Life is truly good!

PS  My feelings are the same concerning Dane as I witnessed him going through his stages of deterioration.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

firstturn

Well spoken Al...thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

A reminder that tomorrow evening is the visitation at the church, with the memorial service taking place on Sat. morning at 11 am.  The details copied from Mrs. Leimbach's obituary are posted below.

Pat donated her body to Case Western Reserve's school of medicine for research and education. A memorial service celebrating Pat's life will be held on Saturday, January 26, at the Brownhelm Congregational United Church of Christ at 11:00 am. There will be visitation at the church on Friday, January 25, from 6:30 to 9:00 pm.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts in honor of Pat may be made to the Brownhelm United Church of Christ, 2144 North Ridge Road, Vermilion, OH, 44089; or the Brownhelm Historical Association, P.O. Box 303, Vermilion, OH, 44089.

Paul