The Six Day Evolution Challenge, (home version)

Started by rob w, February 22, 2004, 09:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

I have a 1974 Six Day 125 frame #407. It has the spring type tank straps, aluminum rims, bolt on exhaust tip, fiberglass side panel, 35mm forks, 1251/6D motor. It does NOT have the lay down shocks either. I don't think a bike produced in July 74 would be sold as a 75 model (but as always, I could be wrong). Ron you saw this bike when you were out here. It has the bent tail light.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

jj

Did the Six Day ever come with 200mm front forks? I have a Harescrambler serial 409 that came with the ridge on the slider 200mm's, a Jackpiner serial 410 that came with ridgeless sliders stamped "200" near the bottom front and Six Day serial 411 that came with plain old 35mm's.

John J Slivka
John J Slivka

rob w

Bill, That's the second time we've had that weird coincidental telepathic thing happen. The new "production years" pages look great!

On to the question at hand. Well...considering our subject was changing often in it's on-going pursuit for development , and even in the same time periods, the bikes were not all that consistant in production, or deliveries, or locations.
 I really thought the meat of this could be traced down through photographs and personal accounts. I was hot on the trail, so I posed this question...then without 100% proof, I started doubting myself, and this is where I'm at for now. Let's keep at it eh? Tom's right, you're all winners,Thanks!

-PLASTIC FENDERS
-1.8 MX TANK
-MAGNESIUM HUBS
-R.H. SIDE PANEL
-TANK DECAL/STICKER
-35mm FORKS
-EXHAUST END CAP
-SHORT TALL SEAT
-TANK CABLES
-ALLOY RIMS

OUCWBOY

I owned a 1973 Jackpiner with the bolt on Exhause cap. Maybe that should be moved up to about the time of the magnesium hubs.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

rob w

The question was about the "Six Day". I believe all Jackpiners had the bolt-on end cap, at least I know forsure that Jackpiners had them way before the 100 and 125's

firstturn

jj,
  I've never owned a Six Day that was originally equiped with 200mm fork tubes.  I'm not saying there isn't one out there somewhere, but to my knowledge they never were like that from the factory.  I have a ridge style on my late 125, but I don't know the length of the tubes.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh