Mid Ohio

Started by Kip Kern, June 17, 2004, 08:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Bill,
  You can fly into either Columbus or Cleveland.  If you fly into Columbus you can visit the AMA Museum.  I did this many years and it was a great trip.  Also I will include a web site so you can look around at what AMA has to offer at the Museum and also the Vintage Days.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/

Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bildough

thank you all so much for the help. hope to meet some of youy there.

Jim A

I'm just a lurker but a former Ohioan. If you live where AirTran flies
like I do (Atlanta) you can go straight to Akron/Canton airport which is closer than Cleveland. NFL Hall of Fame is in Canton not too far from the airport. I was born and raised in Canton and a big Penton fan, unfortunately can't get to MidOhio this year but hope to in the
Future.

Jim A
Jim A

firstturn

Jim,
  Is there any other airlines, that you know, that services Akron/Canton?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Jim A

Ron,
 There are other airlines going into Akron/Canton but I don't go up but once a year or so. You will have to check. I know Delta does but Airtran blows them away on the fares. Akron/Canton airport is fairly
small, can't get lost there. Other flights stop there then go on to Cleveland or Pittsburg, sometimes on puddle jumpers. Check around, you
should be able to find something, other airlines do fly in there.
Canton: Home of Timken Bearings!

Jim A
Jim A

firstturn

Thanks Jim.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Everyone knows I am an old racer, sooo I have to take all the advantages I can to get ahead.  I will be leaving at 4AM in the morning for Mid Ohio.  I will have the Penton X-RAY machine all set up at the front gates by Thrusday morning.  Seriously, I am leaving in the morning for the trip up north with a few stops along the way.  I hope to meet a lot of new people and lets all try to make this event the best one ever.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dave Withrow

Lo and behold,
    I just found out that my schedule has changed enough so as to allow me to actually attend.  Unfortunately, I'm too late for race entries, but I'm looking forward to seeing many of you there.  Do you think camping is still available?  What about other lodging alternatives?  See you there...........GO PENTON!

rob w

Ron,
 According to my calculations, you're still facing a 50% probability rate that something may slip through the "X-ray" machine. You may need to hire the help of a professional scout...I know a good one...bring your walkie-talkie's and "the wad"  :D

...or yeah, what size semi-trailer are ya bring'n this year? Just kidd'n.

Travel safe, have fun, see you there.
bob

firstturn

Rob,
  You are the scout.  You see what time it is................I'm goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh