Fork Stop Bumpers

Started by rob w, July 30, 2004, 12:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Rob:
Just received my pair of 1969 fork stop bumpers and they are great.  I have one original in excellent condition and you can't tell the difference.  Yours feel slightly firmer which is great as that was the problem with the originals.  They pounded into the frame and mushroomed out.  Thanks again for all the hard work you must have put into these!  Here's a future idea :  A chain protector molded to fit the Sachs engine cases in front of the front sprocket.  Penton had a after market steel piece but I think your polyurethane would be even better as it would not vibrate and wear the engine cases, and would provide more shock resistance if the chain came off.  I am sure the guys racing the Sachs engined Pentons would buy them.  I used to used silicone and fill all the areas in front of the steel guard to do the same thing back in the days.  Once again thanks for the pair and EXCELLENT work!  Ted Atkinson

tlanders

Hey Air Bob,

Thanks for the bumpers. They look great. They will be on my Piner for the next Cross Country race. Thanks for making them.

Teddy