repro 125 pistons kits soon!

Started by Marc Biro, September 27, 2004, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Housh

Sorry gooddirt, I'm being scolded for riding my bicycle across the country this summer. I now have a honey do list that would make most cry. I guess my next race would be Sand Hill next spring in the San Francisco area. I wouldn't put that much stock in trying to find out what bike is faster than another. The fact is that a good rider can go fast on almost any bike. Shure you like to get to the first turn ahead of everyone else, but I've been able to do that in many races that I didn't win. All I'm saying is that my bike was fast off the line but I wasn't on the rest of the track. G man.

OUCWBOY

I have a super fast 72 with a 1251/6DGS motor in it and it is faster than most 125's I've seen. The only problem is I ride like Gerald Ford plays golf.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Gavin Housh

Donny, careful about using the Presidents misfortune like that. Somebodys liable to let the secret service guys know you've slandered the pres. I remember when I was racing AHRMA a lot more and I thought I was doing good. One day I was helping setup the track the day before a race and it just so happened that Dick Mann was laying out this beautiful natural terrain grass track. At some point he and I were in the same area and he says " No matter how fast you think you are, there is always someone faster". Profound words from the master!It's all about fun, isn't it? Heck, sometimes I think I'd be happier just turning the wrench than ridding the bikes. It's a lot safer too. G man.

bildough

I dont know one of us that wasnt faster in our youth. Every time I recount my past exploits I get faster and faster. Gosh; half the time I dont recognize myself in the tales.