Penton Day At The AMA information

Started by Paul Danik, December 22, 2006, 08:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Good question, when does the meeting start?? How long should it last?? Will there be time before or after for a little "bench racing"?

Paul Danik

The Museum opens at 9 with the meeting starting at 10. We will have several seminars during the course of the day with time in between for lunch, which is delivered to the museum, a tour of the Pentons brought for display and an afternoon break. We usually finish up between 4- 4:30.

I recommend getting to the Museum as early as possible as the day goes fast and there is lots to see and do. Last year we held our meeting and seminars right in amoungst the museum display as we have out grown the meeting room and we will most likely be doing that again this year.  For a taste of what to expect check out the pictures in the photo gallery from last years meeting.  

We have an awesome place to meet, some very interesting guests along with the usual cast of charactors, all we need to make the day perfect is you.

Hope to see you there.
Paul

Young Ted

Doug - In getting lined up for Feb. 3rd, is there a sub, sub, sub, paragraph that mentions if a Michigander comes to the Buckeye State to sign up, he will be considered a foreign member?

Young Ted

firstturn

Ted,
 But you have a Texas Visa...that covers all.  Doug has one.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

I am sorry, but I will have to miss my 1st Penton meeting next month.  I scheduled myself to attend as my sister-in-law lives about 1/2 mile from the museum and it would give my wife the opportunity to get together with family.

I was advised (by my wife) that I had made other plans a few months ago for the same date.   The Baltimore County Trail Riders Association (BCTRA), 39 years old and counting, has its annual banquet on the same day.  I have only missed one banquet in my 34 years of membership, so the banquet takes priority.  

I will be attending the York Swap Meet on Sunday.  Maybe I will see some of you there.

I will have to try to make the next one at the museum.  Enjoy and have fun.

Tony Friedel
Tony

Mike Stephenson

Ted...so I need my passport and Visa then huh?[:p]

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!

Mike Lenz

I bet if I bring a cylinder or two, some porting tools and alot of money...

Paul Danik

The motel listed below is the one that most of the guys seem to like staying at.  It is about a mile from the museum and there is a Cracker Barrel near by for those who don't like the motels breakfast. Be sure to mention that you are a museum visitor to get the better rate.

Don't forget, everyone is invited to Tommy Garretts for dinner after the meeting.  Tommy lives only a couple of miles from the museum, dinner at Tommys is always a great time.

Richard Sanders is flying up from Texas, Speedy usually comes down from Canada and Dave and Carl are from the west coast, we will have quite a large area covered.

We went to the museum last week to finalize some details, no matter how many times we see the Motocross America display it is still awesome.  Next year at this time it will be gone, besure to take some time to enjoy it.  The museum has the Dave Mungenast book in good supply as well as the Motocross America exhibit book, great time to get your copy and support the museum.
Paul

Country Inn & Suites Columbus-East
2806 Taylor Road
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
(614) 861-8888
fax (614) 861-6381
(800) 456-4000

poggers, I was wondering if anyone knows where is a close mall and a Hooter's?  We also are staying at the Country Inn Suites Columbus East and are arriving early afternoon Fri. dndracing

Lew Mayer

Randy may know, he's not too far from there.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Randy Kirkbride

Eastland Mall is south of I-70 at the Hamilton Road exit in Columbus, just a few miles from the Pickerington exit, where the AMA is located.  I know there is a Hooters in Columbus but I'm not sure where.

Dennis Jones

242, We have a room at the same place as you and Gary. Maybe we can get together for dinner. My cell is 573-275-7210

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Paul Danik

Great news, Young Ted has emailed to say that he and Connie will be at the museum Sat. morning.  Ted said he is ready to keep his reputation as a troublemaker intack, I am sure than Connie will be her sweet usual self :)

I just picked the handouts up at the printers and they did a very nice job.  They include a number of pictures from days gone by and the riders pictured will pretty much be on hand. Hopefully they will make for a nice keepsake for all those attending.

Paul