Penton Day At The AMA information

Started by Paul Danik, December 22, 2006, 08:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The POG with have two very special guest speakers at its 6th. Annual Penton Day At The AMA meeting on Feb. 3, 2007.

Carl Cranke, noted Penton racer, tuner and engine builder will be joining us for the day. Carl's vast knowledge of how to make those Sachs and KTM engines do what you want them to do, plus his years of racing experience makes Carl a virtual treasure chest of knowledge about our favorite brand of machine. Carl's tuning techniques are legendary as are his racing stories; join with us as Carl shares of his knowledge of how to make a Penton fly and of flying them.

Dave Duarte, who served as Vice President and General Manager of Penton Imports, will also be joining us for the day. Dave's many years of racing on the west coast, coupled with his experience of running the west coast operation of Penton Imports, gives Dave a lot of experience to draw upon in providing us with some insight as to how the west coast operation of Penton Imports operated.

Carl and Dave are both traveling from the west coast to join us for the day and we sure do appreciate their efforts. Mark your calendars now and plan on joining us for what should be both an informative and fun Penton Day at the AMA.

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
I'll be there. Sounds like this years meeting will be a great one. I'm really looking forward to it. Sure hope some of the out-of-staters can make it. Nice to see some familiar faces more than once a year. Anyone else planning the trip??

Rocket

Randy
Turn the heat on in the Penton garage, I'm planning on coming.
Rod

Randy Kirkbride

Rocket,
Your room (1A) is ready.  Lew & Glenn (2A) ??

Lew Mayer

I hope but we'll watch the weather to know for sure.
We won't be late for dinner this time.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Jeff D

Hey Paul,
Stuff the Reunion Ride bug in Dave's ear when you see him.  I've been after him for a couple of years.  Maybe he and Carl can make the trip together with Fred Cameron this fall!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Paul Danik

Jeff,

Will do, I am sure that he would enjoy it. If any of you guys have the Bad Rock ISDT Qualifier movie, Dave Duarte is the guy rubbing his hands together trying to warm up at the first check, while enjoying a smoke.

Paul

thrownchain

I'll do my best to get there, any favorites for lodging??

Paul Danik

Dan,

This is the link to the Museum's website, they have a list of places to stay and they have a deal with the two on the top right for a Museum visitors discount. These places are only about a mile from the Museum.

Paul

ttp://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/about/hours.asp?sid=y

checkcrew

i will be there {weather permitting}, do you Guys think there is a place for the Herc., we could call it a Penton for the day !! Funny, it is a 175 and has a blue tank like the Jackpiner ??

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ. - 70 + 71, 125 Steel Tankers, 72, 73, 74, 125-6 Day's, 73 Jackpiner, 76 MC5-400
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

firstturn

I will not be able to attend, but I need to move two bikes closer to Texas....if anyone is going from Texas, Oklahoma or Louisiana that don't mind hauling bikes back I will be happy to pay gas or $$$.   Just let me know.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

linglewn

I hope to bring my JP to my first Penton Day at the AMA. Are there any arrangements that need to be made (pre registration, etc.), or do you just show up and unload? Thanks for any information.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

ozscofield

Paul,

These gentlement being with us is very exciting for me as I have only recently gotten interested in Pentons.

I will be there and am looking forward to learning from these experts.

Ozzie

Paul Danik

Nelson,

Nothing to worry about ahead of time, just show up and enjoy the day.  Thanks for bringing your Piner along, if the weather is decent we will do a lineup of the bikes just outside the museum in the curved brick driveway.  If the weather is nasty we will set up in the semi enclosed garage area.

Ozzie,

From the emails and calls that I have been getting, plus the activity on this messageboard, I would say that a lot of folks are excited about this meeting.  You have picked a good one to attend, the Musuem meeting is always interesting, we even had a wedding at one a couple of years ago

Just in case any of you are not aware of how lunch works at this meeting, Alan Buehner from Buehner Supply has pizza and soft drinks delivered for all of us, we usually enjoy an interesting video as we eat in the Museum lunchroom.

Dinner after the meeting is also an interesting time, Tommy Garrett who used to live in Amherst and worked for Penton Imports, now lives only a couple of miles from the Museum.  Tommy and his wife have once again invited everyone from the meeting to their home for dinner.  I just talked to Tommy earlier tonight and they are excited to see everyone again. Dinner at Tommy's is always a great time and we sure do appreciate their hospitality.

Paul

PS  Mike, bring that Herc along if you wish, there is plenty of room.

Mike Stephenson

It looks like this might be my first POG meeting (and when I will actually fill out the form and become a member).  What time does the meeting itself actually start?  I also intend to spend some time in the Museum itself - any suggestions on how much time to allow for that?

I look forward to meeting everyone!  I certainly have found this website a wealth of information!

Mike

Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!
Mike Stephenson
Atlanta, Michigan
Penton Newbie - thanks to Young Ted!