Steeltanker Frame Part Needed

Started by firstturn, February 04, 2007, 08:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Ron....I can't speak for anyone but my self, but I need you Brother. I need your wealth of knowledge, your caring and your total honesty. We (POG) have lost Larry P. (I hope only temporary) and we can't afford to lose you too...

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

G Ellis

I for one will miss you Uncle Ron. I will still call you for help. Your nephew Gary

VintageChadwick

OK.....I'm REAL NEW HERE...should probably stay out of it...but never can.

WHAT THE HECK.

I've been lurking in the back groud for almost a year now....finally join up to get help with the 4 pentons I've accumilated...and now...Larry...who I've personally met...and he's a great guy and a ton of help.  Ron who I've read post and I have developed the opinion is very knowledgable on the subject, are leaving.  Just me being selfish I guess, but the heck with those who don't agree with you...stay for us newbies that need and appreciate the help.

All us motorcycle people have issues, come on....you must to throw a leg over one in the first place.

Who cares if we play nice, thick skin, deep breath, it's about the bikes!

PLEASE!

1974 Jackpiner
1975 Harescrambler
1972 Six Days
Penton-Wassell Trials
Way to many other brands,
or is there such a thing?

454MRW

Please, Say it ain't so! This is truly a sad sad day for the Penton Owners Group of Vintage Motorcycle enthusiasts. If it weren't for people like Larry and Ron, who give their honest opinion, even in the face of disagreement and turmoil, and assistance to those of us who need direction and a helping hand, where would we be? Ron, I know there are a lot people that benefit from your expertise and will miss out if you and Larry don't step in and straighten out some of our misconceptions with facts and personal experience. I for one come to this message board to learn what I don't know and share the things that I have learned with others, and I sincerely hope that you and Larry with reconsider. Your comments will both be terribly missed, if you choose not to participate. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

tofriedel

MAN, WHAT IS GOING ON?  In a period of 2 weeks the flame wars have caused 2 long term individuals to elect to no longer participate on the POG site and share their wealth of information, guidance, aide and assistance.

I want to believe that no one was intentionally trying to drive either Larry or Ron off the site, but through some comments that were misunderstood and/or stated in such a way that they became personal, caused these reactions.  Maybe everyone should read what they write to insure that it correctly means what you intended before hitting the send button.

I enjoy all of the information presented here, even if it may be redundant and/or identifying where bikes and parts are for sale.

If an individual wants original parts to complete a restoration, that is his business and not ours to question, especially when most everyone on the site knows of his expertise and attention to detail.  Also, if someone wants to complain about what is being done, he has that right, in my opinion.  It is still the USA.  We also have the right to take that individual to task, request a better understanding, or offer a solution to the problem.

Lets stop the flame wars and get on to enjoying the restoration, riding, parts search, technical help and friendship that have made this board what it is, a place to discover PENTONS.

Larry and Ron, both of you have come to a decision based on your own opinions and I fully support you on that position, but I would personally appreciate it if you would reconsider and return to the POG site and continue to offer your counsel and incite on Penton's.  

If, I in any way have upset anyone with my comments, you have my personal apology.

Tony
Tony

jimpal

I agree with Vintagechadwick. I am new to the site, and although I have owned a Penton for 34 years, all I do is just soak up the info you guys give. I rarely ever post because I don't really have anything that would be of much help to you experienced guys. To not have Larry and Ron on this site will really hurt those that need all the help and advice they can get. I hope they both will reconsider. I have not ever met either one of them, but I value them and our internet relationship!
                                                             Jim
Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt

lksseven

Ron,

I reject the notion of you not giving tech advice on POG.  If I need help from my big brother and post as much on POG, I'm gonna by-Gum get your help ;)  I'm younger than you, I'm bigger than you, and I've been to your house so I know where you live and where the advantageous lines of fire should be :D

Signed,
No neck

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

Mick Milakovic

Ron and Larry:  I don't know you guys, except for the forums, but I can tell you from prsonal experience that the opinions and words of others can only bother you if you let them.

I am a high school teacher who has coached one sport or another for over 20 years.  All together I have over 40 seasons of high school level experiences that have always left at least one athlete or family unhappy.  I used to say in my pre-season softball parent meetings:  "Right now I have 30 happy families because everyone is on the team.  When I annoounce the varsity team I will have 15 happy families.  When I announce the first starting line up I will have 9 happy families.  Finally, when the most valuable player is announced I will have one happy family".  

I guess the moral of this story is to live your life righteously and be true to yourself. I also still coach because I love the sports and I love working with kids.  Keep the faith, guys, I know you are good people.  I look forward to meeting you guys somewhere in the future because I know you love this sport and love these bikes (and people) too much to disappear.

Mick Milakovic
Lebanon, Indiana

Mick

lksseven

Mick,

I coached my daughter's softball team for 10 years.  Best thing I ever did.  My office is about a mile from University of Tulsa, and every Spring I stop by and watch most of their softball games.  What a great sport - so much action and enthusiasm and hustle.  The boys could take some lessons from these girls.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time