Motoplat Repairs..

Started by DKWRACER, January 29, 2006, 10:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

Dave, do these repaired units have the lighting coils ?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

slvrbrdfxr

Raymond,
I have one unit that has been completely rewound into a 12v with a lighting coil and it works fine. You'll have to check with Vance but I think if the original unit came with a lighting coil he can repair it too. Not sure if he could add a lighting coil if the unit didn't already have one. Are you going to VMD next weekend ?? If so, Vance will be there and can probably answer any questions you have. He has been know to frequent my swapmeet space #175 right next to AL B's parts display so I can point you to him if you want. Talk to you later.
Dave McCullough

DKWRACER

hey-suus christee! In Denver,(long time ago) there was a guy in Bill Thomas's shop(east Colfax Ave), erstwhile, called "Motoplat Jack"......
One's post, is not to "ruffle a fender" only to enjoy a moment.....

OHM's to you!

Tom Brosius
Mile High Pentons
Thomas Brosius

tomale

I guess I feel lucky, I have several bikes with motoplats of them and have yet to have one fail. and we ride in the mud up this way and I have had to clean the muck out several tims....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

454MRW

On the bike(s) that see much use, I always run a separate large ground cable from the coil mount to the engine. I think that it helps for longevity and reliability. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

pketchum

I can vouch for Vance doing a fine job testing my Motoplat and the rapid turnaround time.  He prefers to do most of his repairs during the off-season so he can ride vintage events with his customers, and I don't blame him a bit.  He's definitely an enthusiast and very pleasant to do business with.  I've spoken to others who are running with his repaired Motoplat's and they are very pleased with their performance.

Vance's warranty is unmatched in my opinion!

Phil
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

TGTech

FYI,
If things go well in testing that is taking place right now, there will be brand new Mini 6 stators available through Penton Racing Products. We are having replacement stators made and the testing that we've done so far, is showing very good results.

Dane