Clark plastic mc-5 tanks

Started by Mike Lenz, January 08, 2008, 12:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon

Send some decals over to the guys at MXM in the UK,they reproduce thick/vented decals that will stay on a plastic tank. I've seen it done with 1983 Husky decals and put on a plastic Clarke tank-looked great.They make Old KTM tank decals and seat covers already.You have to ask for vented decals for models that came with steel/fiberglass tank that didn't need it. I have them on my plastic Husky work/look great.

Mick Milakovic

Kip,
I have a 1978 390 OR Husky that ran a Clarke tank for 25 years.  Fit perfectly, worked flawlessly, and used the stock petcock with no problems.  The tank never leaked, but it did yellow a bit through the years.  Good luck!

Mick

Mick

Dennis Jones

Red, these tanks are for the 76-77 MC5 only.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

Mick

I just received my "custom order" dark green tank for my "78" 390 AMX, fits perfect and looks great!  I will use the stock Clarke petcock, it looks to be well made.  Nice products!

Tahitian_Red

So, how much different is the 74-75 tank from the 76-77?  Sorry I'm kinda new to Penton/KTM's.

The Factory Novice
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?

tomale

no worries, many of us were newbies just a few years ago.. As for the tank, they are different. The MC 5 tank may fit the 74/5 but not the other way.... how do I know? I just tried a MC 5 tank on the 74/5 project bike I am working on...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Kip Kern

My 3.7 gal Clarke fits the "76" GS Penton/KTM frame fine, it is the same frame as a 73 up KTM frame breather style so it should work fine on the "73" up KTM with the tank strap (have not tried it on my "72" non breather but I think it will work also).  It comes with a foam rubber mount for the frame but with a little cutting, you can use the new felt pads that Al Buehner sells to give it the original style mounting.  I have never tried the small MX Clarke tanks so I am not sure what they fit.  I bought the large tanks for greater fuel capacity,i.e., XC and Enduro. Ciao