Mark Mederski Resigns from the AMHF

Started by firstturn, April 29, 2009, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Tom, That is a old drag racing move,Shift with your hand! Nice looking bike.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

wfopete

I don't understand some of the actions the AMA has done but one thing I do know:

The AMA has been the motorcyclist voice for many decades and we as a motorcycling community need a voice to represent our needs. The AMA can't be everything to everyone and the AMA may not be everything I want from my off road perspective but I believe that the off road world would be worse off without the efforts of the AMA. So if the AMA is written off what entity is capable to fill their shoes? None that I know of. I don't think we should throw the AMA under the bus and we don't know the rest of the story (stories) of why things happened or are happening.

I have never voted for an AMA representative on any level, which is my way of saying that I think that they are in this for motorcycling's best interest and I have no evidence that the AMA is trying to injure the sport. Maybe racing isn't on their front burner and those efforts are being refocused in other areas of motorcycling that are of a higher priority.  Motorcycling as a whole faces many challenges that require the expertise that, in my opinion only the AMA can provide at this level.   There are politics in everything these days and I don't think abandoning the AMA would help our cause.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good  
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Tahitian_Red

I think AMA should help maintain the Museum and fight for us in Congress and legislatures around the US, but what does any of that have to do with starting a Vintage racing series?
[?]

Racing the "FaltaNator" in 2009
Racing the \\"FaltaNator\\" in 2011?