marzocchi shocks

Started by metalkfab, January 15, 2002, 06:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

I just lost out on E-Bay with shock rebuild kits. Does anyone in POGville have a set of rebuilds for sale ?

DKWRACER

At one time, Cosmopolitan Motors had rebuild kits for the the Zokes, they weren't cheap, about $40.00 per.....Good Luck

Thomas Brosius

watto450

Some time ago I bought a repair kit that included nearly everything but a body. The kit was to suit the shocks with the finned piggyback body. New shafts, seals, tubes ... The guys name and e-mail is Mark Correll [[email protected]]

sachsmx

I sold a box of Marzocchi stuff to a POG member two years ago at the VMD swapmeet, so I'm all out of spares. Try Jake at Fischer Competition Cycles. The last time I was there he had boxes of NOS Marzocchi parts. Be sure to measure the shafts as there were 10mm and 12mm versions of that shock.

DKWRACER

Please also pay note to the designation of a -2 or -4 decal on the body, me thinks the -4 has slower rebound dampening for the laid down position...one more waved shim in the valve stack???

Thomas Brosius

metalkfab

Thanks for the help . Now I need to find a manual.

bigdanracer

How about Marzocchi forks does anyone have a source for racing Tech info, rebuild kits or heavy duty springs Etc. My springs are sacked out on my 77 MC-5 250.
Thanks, Dan.

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

metalkfab

Thanks for all the help . I just checked with Jake and he has no rebuild kits . New leads anyone ?

sachsmx

Have you tried Cosmopoliton Motors? Marzocchi is still in business, maybe they can help.

Steve Minor

Or try Frank's Forks @(847)475-1003 in Illinois. You can find his web site by doing a search under "Frank's maintenance and engineering".....

Edited by - steve minor on 01/29/2002  4:13:24 PM
Steve Minor

Steve Minor

Also try //www.vintagedirtbike.com they advertise NOS fork springs on their homepage under NOS Specials.

Edited by - steve minor on 02/04/2002  2:14:58 PM
Steve Minor

Mike OReilly

I finally got a chance to search around, and I have a manual and parts blow up of the Marzocchi's which were used on the Pentons. So Karl do you still need a copy, and anyone else who needs this, drop me a line.
Which doesn't answer the question, where do you get parts, although I would think that Cosmopolitan would be a good bet for a start.
Mike O'Reilly.

Joetravelall

I contacted Marzocchi USA, and was informed that they could order many if not all of the parts for vintage motorcycle shocks from the factory. I was told to contact Shawn.
(661) 257-6630  site  //www.marzocchi.com
E-mail [email protected]. Although they do not respond to E mail very quickly.

I see in an earlier post talk about shocks #'s -2,-4 , but I have a set of -1 ,and -3 can you tell me anything about them?
I hope this helps. Could some please give me an address or phone number for Cosmopoliton Motors.

Joe Rhodes
Joe Rhodes

Mike OReilly

Cosmopolitan is at 800-523-2522;
E-mail: [email protected];
Web site: //www.cosmotor.com.

Would anyone who is taking me up on the offer of a copy of the rebuild manual and blow-up of the Marzocchis please provide me an address, so I can send off a hard copy.
Thanks.

Kip Kern

Try Barry Higgins at H+H, he rebuilt mine and very reasonable!