To good to not share

Started by Paul Danik, August 02, 2009, 08:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Love it !   The movie that started it all for me !
Dwight

cubfan1968

Thanks I never tire of seeing that

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tomale

more of a confirmation for me.. by the time the movie came out, I was still riding my stingray and building race tracks for the local boys to race on. My friends Dad raced a Triumph 650 at Ascot. I spent hours down there asking question after question. ON any Sunday only confirmed the life long love affair. I don't think it would have meant as much if there was not that scene at the beginning of the movie with all the boy racing their stingrays. That could have been us, and it amazed me that others were doing the same thing. To think that Steve Mcqueen was a dirt biker like I wanted to be.. how cool was that. And Malcolm Smith was and is still the coolest. that trick on the trials bikes was awesome. Yes I tried it and it did not work at all... thanks for the link. It was fun.
Any one see Dana Browns more "Dust to Glory" well worth the seeing and remindeds me of On any Sunday....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Dwight Rudder

Those guys should have done a full movie on the ISDT or ISDE.
Dwight

tomale

Dwight, I agree. Not that I really know that much about it. But I know enough to know there is alot more to it than just riding through the woods for 6 days. Riding the ISDTRR gave me a glimmer but It is like looking through a frosted piece of glass.. It would be great to see and then maybe more of us americans would realize just how tough it really is. by the way I loved the section on the ISDT in spain. that was good stuff...

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W