built for champions

Started by jeff greenberg, August 26, 2009, 10:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Great pictures. Jeff.  

You would think from the 73 Ohio State Championship photo with all the Berkie that the Jap bike would never have a chance.

I remember when you guys came out on the Yamahas, I kinda had a lump in my stomach...my thought back then were what about the Pentons, now I feel better that you say inside you guys had Penton hearts.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Wonder, if my memory was correct, we could find a copy of the Cycle News with Jon's photo and his (2) 6ft trophies when he won both classes?

Victor

VICTOR MONZ

Jeff.

I do love your "fro" back then :D

VMO

jeff greenberg

Here are some great back-in-the-day photos I found of Jon Leak.  Hope you enjoy these!

1973 -State Championship at Mid-Ohio. Jon on his way to holeshot in white jersey.  Me in yellow helmet and Piasecki jersey immersed in a sea of Berkie's

1995 - Jon & Me at his house in Norwalk

1975 - 125 National, Delta, OH.  Me following Jon.  Bodies on Yamahas but hearts with Pentons

1973 - Smith Road Raceway.  Boys with their hardware.  Jon in Penton jersey. I'm the tall one with all the hair!  Notice the Mid-Ohio windbreaker I'm wearing.  Still have it hanging in my closet!

VICTOR MONZ

Great pictures. Jeff.  

You would think from the 73 Ohio State Championship photo with all the Berkie that the Jap bike would never have a chance.

I remember when you guys came out on the Yamahas, I kinda had a lump in my stomach...my thought back then were what about the Pentons, now I feel better that you say inside you guys had Penton hearts.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Wonder, if my memory was correct, we could find a copy of the Cycle News with Jon's photo and his (2) 6ft trophies when he won both classes?

Victor

VICTOR MONZ

Jeff.

I do love your "fro" back then :D

VMO