Marty Tripes' converted mail truck

Started by Gary Roach, August 26, 2009, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Roach

I found this on the motocrossactionmag.com website.

"Marty Tripes drove the famous mail truck converted motorhome to Sand Hill and is driving as this report is written all the way to Texas! Bets are being placed on the Tripesmobile making it! Tripes bought this van with race winnings back when he was 13 years old."

It's really close to what the Cycleliners looked like, but the windshield is different, and the top of the cab and roof have sharper corners that what the Cycleliners did.

tomale

that is cool, last year I was doing some work in N. seattle and there was this van that looked alot like the van I use to drive to the races, got me to thinking it would be cool to buy something like that again... sort of completing the dilusion that I am 20 something again...The freaky thing is that a few years ago I drove a van that had a "3 on the tree" just like that old van and I found my hand sliding down the shifter to push the piviot pin back in place just like I had to do with that van so many years before... only this van did not need me to do that.. what a trip.... That old van had a front end problem and when I got up to about 35 miles an hour, the front end would shake. I would hang on to that steering wheel and hold the throttle down til the shaking was gone...... above 35 it was fine and I drove that van to many a race like that... Now, I would not drive it around the block much less across the state.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W