Windsor Gas Tanks

Started by [email protected], September 03, 2009, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

I have 2 Windsor gas tanks, white, which fit the Penton hi-breather frames. One has petcocks, 1 does not. $45 for both. Cleaning out the garage.

thrownchain

I sent out an E mail for pics, no response, are they still available??? thx

Gary Roach

Thrownchain,

Try emailing Jeff at [email protected]

Gary

thrownchain

Steve Minor

FYI.....If the petcocks are the press in type that uses a rubber bushing, they can be hard to find. I recently came across this website. Look at the threadless valve and the rubber bushing. Please understand, I haven't tried these petcocks.

http://www.air-techinc.com/catlist.asp?categoryID=fuelfittings&typ=fuel

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

checkcrew

Steve,

that is a nice leed for different fittings !!

Dan,

Alex Snoop from Monroe,NY.  "OSSA" guy sell them for the plastic Hoss tanks, has the rubber inserts and fuel valves.
hope this helps.

regards,

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

I sent out an E mail for pics, no response, are they still available??? thx

Gary Roach

Thrownchain,

Try emailing Jeff at [email protected]

Gary

thrownchain

Steve Minor

FYI.....If the petcocks are the press in type that uses a rubber bushing, they can be hard to find. I recently came across this website. Look at the threadless valve and the rubber bushing. Please understand, I haven't tried these petcocks.

http://www.air-techinc.com/catlist.asp?categoryID=fuelfittings&typ=fuel

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

checkcrew

Steve,

that is a nice leed for different fittings !!

Dan,

Alex Snoop from Monroe,NY.  "OSSA" guy sell them for the plastic Hoss tanks, has the rubber inserts and fuel valves.
hope this helps.

regards,

Mike Gallagher, Camden County, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

Anyone here can give me a little history about these tanks???

thrownchain

HEY JEFF, you out there somewhere?????

[email protected]

Yes, Sorry ,We rode the National Dual Sport this weekend and it's been a little hectic. Contact me at [email protected]

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I bought some petcocks that fit the Windsor tanks from Wicks aircraft supply. I currently have a pair in use on my 77 250 GS6 and the petcocks work fine. The only thing is they do not have a reserve feature so its either all or nothing. I have some spares out in the garage and once I locate them I'll post the part numbers for the petcocks and seal bushings.
Dave McCullough