Paul Danik

Ernie Phillips

Congratulations Jack!! -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

OhioTed

How fortunate we are to be associated with an absolute icon of the sport of motorcycling.

Jack rolls to the starting line of a vintage dual sport ride, May, 2009.

tomale

How cool is that....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tlanders

brian kirby

That picture of Jack on the GS6 has got to be the coolest picture I've seen in a long time.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

OhioTed

You should have seen him on the trail, Brian.  Smooth and effortless does not begin to describe Jack's style.  I had ridden out on the course early, absolutely committed to getting a photograph of him splittin' down the trail.  I picked a great, scenic location - by a beautiful stream crossing.  After much patient waiting, an unmistakable orange bike appeared in the distance, proceeded by a steady, 2-stroke hum indicative a supremely confident rider.  Ah,Jack approacheth.  Camera at the ready . . . centered in the viewfinder . . . steady . . . steady . . . wait 'till he gets juuuuust a little closer - NOW!  "Click", went the artificial shutter sound.  "Bloop", went the camera's display.  Then it went blank.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!  Wouldn't you know it?  The ding-dang camera's battery had chosen that very, critical instant, to go dead.  

Jack vanished down the trail just as quickly as he had arrived, moments before.  I glanced at my Honda XL175 parked alongside the trail, which had faithfully carried me this far, wondering for just the briefest of moments if I might use it to run Jack down in order to try for another shot.  Unfortunately, the realization of just how hopeless that possibility was, followed an instant later.  Rats!  

I had been wishing for years for the opportunity to go trailriding with Jack Penton.  That wish finally came true, but was over and done, much, much too quickly.  Oh, well.  At least I got these shots.