POG/FMFMX/Marc Biro Apology

Started by OUCWBOY, January 27, 2002, 06:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

This posting is to apologize to FMFMX(Bart),all the POG members and to Marc Biro.
I misrepresented the January Featured Bike of the Month to Bart as a Mettco Penton. According to Marc Biro, the man that restored this bike it is NOT a Mettco Penton. I understand that Fred Hayes still has all the Mettco Pentons and NONE are floating around. Marc never indicated to me that this bike was a Mettco, but I did indicate to Bart that it was. This bike is the sweetest looking and running Penton that I have ever seen, and all the credit goes to Mr Marc Biro. He did an outstanding job of making this bike very special. I make this Apology to all who have wasted their time and effort on the Mettco postings. Most of all I make this apology to Bart and to Marc.
I want all to know that I have offered to buy the bike back from Bart, if he is willing. If he wants to keep it, I will be refunding him what he feels is reasonable for his embarrassment and for my lack of good judgement and stupidity.
I am truely sorry for any harm and  embarrassment that I have caused anyone.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

Mistakes happen.  This old bike game has alot of ID problems and opinions.  In my book you are a standup guy and obviously are trying to do the right thing.  Donny you are welcome at my campfire anytime.

Richard Beck

Donny, your public apology shows that you are a man of character and reinforces my apperciation to you for the copy of the Sachs engine manual you gave me last fall. Thanks again.