Wiseco -Sachs 152

Started by joe novak, December 16, 2009, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe novak

I have two of these pistons.  One is marked STD. on top, TJS inside on the skirt, and 1197 on the other skirt, with two thick rings (look similar to a cast iron Sachs cylinder piston), and two ribs across the bottom of the inside piston crown.  The other piston is about the same size.  This one appears similar except it has two thin rings.  Will these only fit the Sachs cast iron cylinders?  Can they be installed as easily as an overbore of a 125 or 100?  Any other info would be appreciated.  While we are on the topic of pistons, what is the difference between the Sachs cast iron cylinder piston, and the Sachs aluminum cylinder piston?  Can they be interchanged? Thank you,  joe

firstturn

Joe,
  I will be selling two 152 cast iron cylinders as soon as I am able to see which one I fits which head.  As far as pistons being interchangeable I always measure where the piston pin is located and where the ring pins are located to make sure they clear the ports.  Other than that I have mixed and matched all types of pistons.  Also I have used Yamaha piston in the 152 cylinders.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh