125B crank and 35mm forks needed

Started by JP Morgen, January 12, 2010, 01:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Morgen

I only need the mag side half, but will consider rebuildable whole, make sure no pitting where seal rides. Also looking for good useable 73-75 35mm forks, don't need clamps, thanks.

joe novak

I believe the 35mm Cerianni forks were introduced on some Pentons in 1974.  The 1974 model had a straight leg with about 7" of travel.  The following years, in 1975 and later, the 35mm Cerianni forks were introduced on Pentons with a ribbed fork leg which had about 8" of travel (I think it was called 200mm...).   Both styles of forks used a top taper on the fork tube which fit into the tapered top triple clamp.  Which style do you intend to use?   Anyone, correct my information if needed.  Also, please inform me which fork is AHRMA legal for Vintage racing.   Thank you,  joe

firstturn

Joe the 35mm forks were on some '73 Pentons.  As far as AHRMA I am not sure what is legal for any class.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

chicagojerry

the 35 mm forks that have a straight leg, no offset axle, are vintage legal. either style, front flange or not.   chicago jerry

brian kirby

The 200mm fork is legal if you put a spacer under the damper to limit its travel to 7".

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

joe novak

Thank you, Ron, for correcting my information on the 35's.  Which Penton models came with 35's in 1973?  Also, Thank you, Brian and Jerry, for informing me of the AHRMA front suspension rules.  I am new to AHRMA racing; but had many (6) Sachs-Pentons back in the day.  Never owned a KTM-Penton, yet, but hope to some day....

firstturn

Joe,
  I owned each of 1973 100, 125 and 250 Pentons and mine all had  35mm forks.   I hope this helps.

JP,
  Did you find  a crank?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

Quotequote:Originally posted by joe novak

Thank you, Ron, for correcting my information on the 35's.  Which Penton models came with 35's in 1973?  Also, Thank you, Brian and Jerry, for informing me of the AHRMA front suspension rules.  I am new to AHRMA racing; but had many (6) Sachs-Pentons back in the day.  Never owned a KTM-Penton, yet, but hope to some day....

Joe,

Of the KTM engine bikes only the early 175 had 32mm forks. All later (mid '73?) 175-up had 35s, no 250 had 32mm forks.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian