Gatorback...

Started by Charles Gresham, January 13, 2010, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Gresham

Who's in for this race? I am working to finish my project to make the event [:p]

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1973 Honda CL 100
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180
1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

brian kirby

Some people like it, but I think the Gatorback MX track is horrible, and has been for decades. Their CC course is good, but I wont waste my time on that garbage track.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

chicagojerry

brian, the vintage mx course that they laid out last year was a lot of fun. when i first arrived last year and saw the grass track i was pretty bummed. i was surprised. the way they tied it in for vintage was a blast. much better than ocala.   won't make it this year though. not enough vacation time to go around.   chi jer

Jerry Chafton

What's the problem with the MX track, I have not been there but I am currently in SW Florida and have my Penton with me. I intend to ride the CC and am thinking about the MX but not if it is not a good Vintage friendly track.
Jerry

chicagojerry

jerry, they did the best job last year as compared to  any previous years version. i personally would like to ride the entire nat'l track and they do on PVMX day. they did a hell of a job tying in a grass track setup into about half of the main track on the north side. i liked it and i didn't think that i would.  if you are going to be there for the CC race anyway. i would certainly ride it. it was better than ocala 2 years ago.
chicago jerry

Jerry Chafton

Thanks CJ, I guess I'll sign up for both..

brian kirby

Jerry C,

Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I did not go there last year, but I went frequently in the 90s for modern races and the place was always a joke. Finally after a race where half the people I went to the races with broke bones I swore I'd never go to Gatorback again. From the people I talked to that went last year, not much had changed and I think it was a wise decision not to go. This is all in regard to the MX track, I never raced on the CC course, but every person I talked to about it really liked the CC loop.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian