1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Dwight Rudder

firstturn

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010 12:32 AM, EDT

From Clinta - Thomas had some wonderful visitors today.  Early this morning, Thomas's mother and father arrived and shortly thereafter his brother Terence and his wife Melissa got to the house.  Dad and Terence, with Trey's assistance, were so incredibly helpful with mowing the grass, weed-eating and moving all of Thomas's motorcycles and parts out of the garage.  They were thankful to be able to spend some time with Thomas, even though Thomas showed very little response and recognition.  

As Vista shared with us, Thomas's sleeping periods are becoming longer and his waking moments much less frequent.  He is complaining of pain when he is conscious which I hate for him.  I've become very vigilant in making sure that he gets morphine and Ativan on a regular basis to try and keep the pain at bay.  

Tonight, Ken and Anne Norton visited.  Thomas loves them so much and even though Thomas never woke up, Ken spoke to him and I know that he could hear his words.  

The kids and me are trying to not allow the gravity of the situation to take over.  We remain focused on Thomas and getting certain tasks completed.  Having Barbara here with us is a God-send and another friend, Donna has been coming every afternoon to help out also.  

Continue to pray for God's will to be done and his mercy to be extended to Thomas.  I absolutely hate that Thomas has any pain at all!  We appreciate your prayers!  We love you!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob brown

Sending wishes and prayers to your entire family. Thomas sounds like a great guy.  Peace, Rob

firstturn

THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010 12:55 PM, EDT

From Clinta - There has been little change with Thomas.  His breathing has become more erratic but his vitals still remain strong.   Mike Gasque came to visit and although Thomas was not conscious, Mike talked to him.  I think it was hard on Mike to see Thomas because it's very different seeing him now then it was even as little as a week ago.  The difference is not in Thomas's physical appearance as much as it is the sadness of his demeanor, not being responsive and just laying there.  Mike has been such an incredibly dedicated friend, coming to visit us probably more than anyone else.  I know it's hard on him to see Thomas this way because Thomas has always been such a vibrant, energetic person and seeing him imprisoned in a 3 1/2 X 7 foot bed is heartwrenching.  Thomas has been such a trooper throughout this illness and he has complained little, but the few complaints he had were centered almost exclusively on being in the bed and not being able to be mobile.  

Dr. Ralph Carter of Brushy Creek came by also and was so uplifting.  He is a very nice man and very knowledgeable.  He was comforting at a time when there was a need.  My brother Scott came by this morning and became very emotional when he stood by the bed and told Thomas that he loved him.  There is a huge amount of tears being shed in our home but we are focused and determined to be a comfort to Thomas, to let him know everyday how much we love him!

A Vista nurse is coming everyday to check Thomas's vitals and status.  He gets extremely agitated when he is moved in any way.  He doesn't verbalize it but instead will moan and groan and grimace in a manner that is obvious he is very irritated.  

Please continue to pray for God's mercy on Thomas and that Thomas remains comfortable and pain free.  Thank you for all your support and concern.  We love you!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Clinta, I check each day to see Thomas'condition and each morning I spend a considerble amount of time in prayer. I shall not give up or give in, It is not much by comparison, but I am pleased to do it...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

swamp fox

I hate that I have to tell everyone who has rallied for Team Carmichael, but I got a call from Clinta's best friend Donna Lazar that Thomas has passed on to the Lord this afternoon. How I prayed that this call would never have to be made, but I know he won't be suffering anymore, and we'll see each other on God's best trails in Heaven.

Thanks to all of you who kept this vigil for Team Carmichael.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Larry Perkins

So very sad to lose our friend.  I look forward to seeing him again one day.  God Speed Thomas!  I will so very much miss you my Brother but I am happy you are with the Lord.  May God comfort Thomas' family in this hard hour.

I am reminded of a favorite quote I have tried to live by.

The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour.  Now is the time you own.  Live, love, toil with a will.  Place no faith in time.  For the clock may soon be still.

Larry P

joe novak

May God bless Thomas and his family.   Joe

swamp fox

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/thomascarmichael

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Thomas ended his Tough Battle with Brain Cancer today.  I will keep everyone posted.  Thanks for you thoughts and Prayers for Thomas and his Family.

FRIDAY, JULY 2, 2010 4:17 PM, EDT

From Clinta - For 4 1/2 months now, I've asked you to pray for Thomas and today I am requesting that your prayers be for Team Carmichael who lost their captain today.  Thomas died this afternoon, surrounded by Hannah, Trey and me and several very dear close friends.  We are devastated and unable to properly function at this time so please understand this is all I will post today.  I will however update later today with the service arrangements.  Very tentatively, this is NOT confirmed, we are looking to have a visitation Monday night 6pm - 8pm, a private burial for the family only on Tuesday morning at 8:30AM and then a Memorial Service for everyone at Woods Mortuary in Greer, SC at 2PM.  Thank you for your consideration of us at this time.  We love you!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dave Withrow

Thomas.....we will miss you.  As this journey ends your next one begins.  Cut us some trails and look in on us every once in a while. Just know that our lives are less with you gone.....Godspeed, brother.
Big Dave Withrow

slvrbrdfxr

I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to "Team Carmichael" on this sorrowful day. I pray for the Lord to comfort you all and to accept Thomas into his waiting arms.

Dave McCullough

pakala

Our Thoughts and prayers go out to the Carmichael family.
  God Speed... Thomas    
       The Johnstone Clan

Dwight Rudder

Godspeed, Thomas.  We will miss you.
Dwight & Debbie Rudder