Prayers for Thomas Carmichael

Started by firstturn, February 15, 2010, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I was just notified that Thomas was admitted to the hospital and I will update this site as I get more information.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Keep us posted, Tom is a great guy! He is on my prayer list

tofriedel

Ron, thanks for the heads up on Thomas.

I have him on my prayer list.
Tony

swamp fox

I just found out about TC this morning.
His daughter Hannah posted on his facebook page an hour ago that he is getting an MRI at Greenville Memorial Hospital. She posted he has a brain tumor, but I don't know anything other than that.

Godspeed Thomas.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

swamp fox

I haven't spoke with TC or his family, but his wife posted this on his facebook page:

"Hello to all of Thomas's dear friends, a note from his wife, Clinta; Thomas has had some feeling of numbness on the left side of his body for about 3 weeks. The numbness got worse yesterday so we decided it best to go to the emergency room last night. When arriving, we figured that we would be there for a couple of h...ours and leave with a diagnosis of a pinched nerve. Unfortunately, the outcome was much different.
After reading the CAT scan, the doctor informed us that Thomas has a brain mass that is bleeding into his brain. So, he was transferred to Greenville Memorial late last night because there testing and neurological capabilities are the best in Greenville. He underwent an MRI this morning and we learned late this after...noon by the neurosurgeon that he does in fact have a brain tumor with slight bleeding.
The surgeon suspects that his tumor is a primary tumor meaning that he doesn't have tumors in other places and it's spread to his brain. But, due to the massive swelling surrounding the tumor, they can not discern whether it is one solid mass like a tennis ball pressing on a nerve cluster or whether it is grown finger... like qualities and has spread throughout the nerve cluster.
He is taking steroids to reduce the swelling and after insisting with the doctor, he has been allowed to come home with strict orders to minimize activity and to continue to take the meds. He will have another, more detailed MRI, most likely on Thursday, (he has to wait for the dye to leave his body before they can do... another scan) and that will determine which scenario his tumor is in.
If it is one mass, then they will operate and try to remove as much of the tumor as possible. In the other scenario, his only option is chemo and radiation because if it has spread finger-like, they won't be able to operate and remove it. We are so appreciative of all the prayers, thoughts and well-wishes and ask ...that everyone continue to pray for his well-being and for positive results."

Keeping him in our prayers.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Steve Minor

Robert....thank you for the information. My prayers are with Thomas and his family. If there is anything he or the family needs, please don't hesitate to ask.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

firstturn

Thanks for the updates.  I just spoke with Thomas and he is resting.  Tests will continue this later this week.  Thanks for everyones Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Thomas,You'll be in my prayers-hang tough and get well soon.
                                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

clayman

TC,

I will keep you in my prayers also.

Take care,

Clay

Rocket

tomale

Ron, thanks so much for the disturbing news, yes Thomas is a great guy. and oh yes I will be praying. Thomas hang in there. In this situation... subborness is a virtue.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Dwight Rudder

Thomas is resting at home. More tests to come.
Dwight

rfpotter

Will say a prayer for Thomas and add his name to our church prayer list.

Patrick

Ernie Phillips

Met Thomas last year at White Lightin CC.  Great guy with great compassion.  Praying for his complete and speedy recovery.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

pakala

Thomas,
 Want to see you at Combs for the ISDT reunion ride, so get well soon!! Hang tuff. Be proactive, ask alot of questions. Don't be afraid to seek second opinions. Fight Baby!!
       Good luck, Paul(Socal)