Desert Monkeys Head To Laughlin, Nevada

Started by Larry Perkins, March 04, 2010, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Thanks for the update as I could get your call last evening?  You did Great and the Ugly ones are what separates the Champions.  Of course all three of you guys are Champions in my book.  All of you have a safe trip Home and thanks for the Effort.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Hello Larry, Ric & Tom;

Even though you couldn't hear it, I was whooping and hollering in my room!  Larry, I enjoyed your commentary about the race, it sure would have been awesome if I could have seen it in-person.  (Ric, I hear Advil is a great painkiller!)  It really means a lot to me that you dedicated your race to me.  Ron called me to tell me that you won and I was thrilled!  Thanks guys for thinking of me, my POG brothers are the best!  

TC

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Tflores

Thomas,

When Larry told me that this race would be dedicated to you I knew right then and there I would would put in extra, extra, heart and soul into this one.  I can honestly say Rick and Larry did so as well.  

As difficult as the Laughlin race was, I'm certain there is no comparison nor nearly as challenging of race You and your wonderful partner Clinta are going thru right now.

I'm honored to be part of your pit crew and along with my prayers for you two also know that I'm here cheering you on!

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton MC5 250
78 KTM MC5 125
07 KTM 300XC
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

Larry Perkins

I failed to mention that Tom got a armfull of cactus and some really wicked palm blisters to show for that extra effort.:D

Larry P

VICTOR MONZ

Congradulations.

If it was easy anyone could do it !  Great ride and teamwork.

Victor

Charles Gresham

Great job guys !

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180
1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

Dale Fisher

Larry just coming off the roller-coaster section of the race:D

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

sixdazed

Thomas:We are so glad to hear of your improvements and we thought about you a lot in Laughlin.Hang in there and keep the Faith!
   I put us in a hole on my first loop on the bike and my teammates picked up the slack and put us in a position for the win.I was dingy after my crash and Tom jumped on the bike and did his 2 loops early(and very quickly!).Then Larry jumped on early as well to give me time to gather my wits.When i got on the bike the 2nd time it was running bad and i had my doubts if it would go the distance but amazingly it chugged up the hills and kept going with no problem-what a great bike!With no incidents(crashes)on my 2nd loop,i rode and felt a lot better and handed the bike off to Larry who made a Hero ride to the finish.Thanks to my teammates Tom and Larry for doing a great job.I'm proud of you guys.
    Thom,it just goes to show if you never,ever give up good things can happen.Were all behind you in your fighting the illness-keep it up Brother.Thanks for the advise on the advil[B)].
                               Ric
p.s.-just want to say Thanks again to Larry for letting me in on the fun of doing the BITD races again.He works so hard organizing everything and getting bikes done.i sometimes feel guilty i don't do more than just basically show up and ride(it sure is nice though).Larry is 1 Cool Dude and a great teammate(Tom Too)!

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...