Desert Monkeys Head To Laughlin, Nevada

Started by Larry Perkins, March 04, 2010, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Not Penton related really but wanted to let POG people know in case they were interested.  Wanted to invite any POG members out to the Laughlin GP this weekend in Laughlin, Nevada where The Desert Monkeys(Larry P, Tom Flores, & Ric Emmal) will race the second round of The Best In The Desert Series on Saturday.  If you want to hang in the pits or help let us know and we will be sure to get you signed in on the Pit Crew list.  Thanks for the space and ear.

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  Thanks for the update and I will remind Thomas Carmichael that you guys are racing.  He loves Racing and loves to follow your career.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

sixdazed

Larry,I've been You Tubing Laughlin Hare Scrambles Loop 1 and Loop 2.Loop 2 looks familiar like when i rode it before-Loop 1 not so much,but no matter,I'll start ,finish or ride the middle-it don't make any difference to me.Check it out,there's several different videos one in particular the guy is haulin'...You'll see what we're in for and get an idea of the course.See Ya Manana!
    Ron,Give Thomas our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery and have a safe trip home.
                          Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

cubfan1968

Good luck guys

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Charles Gresham

Good luck Desert Monkeys !

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1973 Honda CL 100
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180
1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

tofriedel

Larry, Tom and Ric good luck at the Laughlin GP.  Be safe and fast.

We are all rooting for you.

Tony
Tony

Larry Perkins

Thanks guys.  We will keep you posted.  Ron, tell Thomas he continues to be in our prayers and that on this one he is "The Gipper" and we will do our best to go out and "Win one for The Gipper.":D

Larry P

brian kirby

Larry, Tom and Ric,

Good luck and be careful.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

firstturn

Thanks Larry.  I will be back at the hospital later and pass it on to Thomas.  Also, you, Ric and Tom take care and remember you have to finish to win.  Give it your best and come back to race again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Larry, Ric and Tom,
  Thomas told me to pass on that he is honored to hear from you guys and he says "just finish".  That is what he said...sounds like he and I have been around each other too much this week.  He had a Great Day and is pushing the envelope on therapy.  Thanks Guys for dedicating this one to Thomas.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

VICTOR MONZ

Good Luck Team and Safe Riding...Finishing is what they say, but winning is kinda neat, too.

Best wishes.

Victor

garrettccovington

Unfortuatly, I have to work Saturday.  I was looking at Larry's schedule today.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Larry Perkins

Well it was an ugly one but we won one for "The Gipper."  thanks for the motivation Thomas and get well soon my friend.  It was the most wicked 111 mile course I ever rode.  Ric crashed multiple times on his first loop and had to hand the bike to Tom early.  We had to change our riding plan, then the bike began to run not quite right.  We think the silencer is stopping up as it had good low and mid range but would not rev out.  When I went out for our last loop there were two 125's in front of us still.  One of them took themselves out with a head first trip into cactus and was hauled out.  The other 125 in front of us I finally caught and passed with less than 4 miles to go.  On that last loop it looked like someone had shotgunned all the cactus.  it was laying everywhere like it had been exploded.  The whole course looked like a cacti war zone.  Anyway, it was a slow and ugly win but a win.  We now have a good enough points lead that if we start the rest of the races we can win the best In The Desert Championship.  Thanks for all the good words and friendship.  It means a lot when we are out here on the road doing battle.

Larry P

tofriedel

Larry, Tom and Ric,

Great job you guys.  Your win should perk up Thomas.  I'm sure that Brother Ron also has his chest pumped up with pride for the results you guys acheived.  Well done Brothers.

Tony
Tony

454MRW

Way to go guys! We are all praying for Thomas and I am sure he will be stoked by your victory! Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R