$100 Penton on CL

Started by thrownchain, March 23, 2010, 09:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Iowa City CL, sorry, don't know how to add the link.

Joe Murphy

working on this
joe murphy

Joe Murphy

it is rough. the frame is rusted thru and it has a tree growing thru what is left of the front wheel. you want it? I will pick it up for you.  next week.
Joe Murphy

thrownchain

Not for me, thx     maybe someone else??

joe novak

Hello,  I looked up the Penton on the Iowa City Craigs List.  It would look great as a lawn ornament in my back yard, or better, in the woods on my motorcycle trail.   Joe

rob w

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/mcy/1654189457.html

Dang, that's too bad - that was one of the few trees there are in Iowa. [8D]

rcrump1

It is a low number Steel Tank frame though. Perhaps someone close by could fill out the Steel Tank questionaire for it.

David Laite

At least that didn't read 'always stored indoors'. If someone does go to rescue this little gem, don't forget to bring a small top handle saw.

1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R

hotrod392

Looks like I have bought this little gem... Had some parts I really needed for my current steel tanker projects.

Joe Murphy,
I live in Bowling Green, Kentucky and am a friend of Ron Carbaugh's. Any chance I could pay you to pick it up and bring to to an event anywhere near Bowling Green (with or without the stump...)? I will likely be going to Mid Ohio, but could meet someone going to another event somewhere.

You can call me at 270-843-3660 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks
Shane

firstturn

Joe,
  If you are not going to Mid Ohio I  will be at Diamond Don's and hopefully the Reunion and would be happy to help with the delivery?  Nice buy Shane, but I think Bob is wanting you to leave the tree in Iowa?;)

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Bridges

Whoever picks this up for Shane, please deliver it with the tree stump. He paid for it fair and square and it should be documented as such.:D

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton
project
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

hotrod392

You laugh, but my dad has a fully restored John Deere tractor with a tree stump grown up around the seat and through the steering wheel. We left it intact when we restored it and display it on the tractor. It blows people away and is the focal point of the tractor. We have a second seat we use when we drive it.

Maybe I would bring it back in the future to Mid Ohio restored with the front wheel that doubles as a kick stand...

I guarantee there wouldn't be another one like it!

Joe Murphy

I will make arrangements to pick it up when I get back from New Blaine.  I am not sure what races I will make it to this year.
murph