Sachs 1001/6B Large end cage bearing?

Started by vitaminT, March 25, 2010, 08:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitaminT

Hello,
I have a 1001/6B I am rebuilding. Does anyone have a large end rod bearing for the small crank for sale? Does anyone know the dimensions of this cage bearing? Please email me off list at [email protected]
Thanks in Advance
Vance

joe novak

Do you intend to split the crank, use the existing rod, and replace the lower end rod bearing?   Having done all that work, then re-installing the rod bearing, pressing it, aligning it, et.al., would you consider a new rod kit?   Maybe your rod and lower end bearing is still good, and you want to freshen up the bottom end.   joe

vitaminT

Joe,
Thanks for your reply.
At this point I would buy a rod kit if available. From what I've read it's a small crank with the larger 56mm pin. I haven't been able to find one from the normal sources. I hate to drive 50 miles to the guy that does my boring and crank work just to split it and then return to have it pressed back together. If I have to and source one through a bearing manufacturer then that's what I'll have to do. It looks to me like all is well except the cage bearing. It looks like it was dropped and the cage cracked and a bearing has fallen out. I thought that someone would know the dimensions of the small crank large end bearing. I know all the sizes of the Sachs 7 speeder bearing off the top of my head but I'm new to the 5-6 speeders. Any help would be appreciated!