GENNADY MOISEEV UNADILLA BIB

Started by LINDEMAN, February 14, 2002, 12:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LINDEMAN

The January AMA supercross website mystery rider contest was Moiseev.Yes I know it was an easy one for us Penton guys. How about this one.Who ownes the bib Moiseev wore at Unadilla that first time he raced in the U.S?If you guessed me (Dave Lindeman)You are correct.You dont get a set of tires but I get to brag a little.I recieved the bib as an award for winning the deelers class at the KTM dealer show/hare scrambles in I think january of 1979.It was at the meadowlarks track in Lorain Ohio.The temp was -17.Many riders did not finish it was one of those memorable rides.I had to put vasoline on all exposed skin to aviod frostbite.The ground was snow covered and nasty wind on top of it all.were any of you POG members there? I remember the ISDT guys rode and Frank Stacey.Maybe Mike Lens? They called those races the Josh McCoy Annual H/S.Does any body know the story about who josh McCoy is.It might make an intresting story for a news letter artical.I am going to get the bib mounted somehow so it could be displayed.It is really cool.Big #1 spattered with Unadilla mud and autographed by Gennady.Maybe I can Get someone to help me post pictures on this website?

DKWRACER

Guess you know who is the lucky one here, yup its me!!! I met Dave about 6 years ago and the turnaround has been great, He and the family pictures were posted in our POG newsletter about one year ago, to have a piece of Penton history right here in Colorado's playground is really great, by the way, you should meet the guy and get a chance to race with him too!!!

Tom Brosius
#69R

Thomas Brosius

Mike Lenz

That is definitely NOT FAIR! I never got anything cool like that for winning the dealer class!!! I do not know the josh story either...or ive forgotten, which seems to be happening more lately??

Paul Danik

Somewhere back in the cobwebs of my mind, I remember the name Josh McCoy was created by Larry Maiers.  I think he created the " Josh McCoy" name as a way to add some charactor to the annual event.