jeepskool CC in may

Started by chicagojerry, April 02, 2010, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all. i was out there working on the course today. it will be very similar to last year but i'm going to try to widen the trail a little and i also got another .65 miles added to it.   come one come all, gauranteed to be a great event. next up, diamond don's. i'm going to go there a week early to help on that course too.    chi jer

firstturn

Thanks Jerry for all your hard work.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

joe novak

Jerry, Can you share more details on the event at the Jeep school.  Is it an AHRMA CC race?   Where is it located?   Thank you,  Joe

brian kirby

Joe,

It is a two day regular format (1 hr hare scrambles, not ISDT) cross country event. Here is the PDF file with the preview flyer for the event.

http://www.ahrma.org/Z-2010/Nationals/Cross_Country/Previews/10_cc_rnd7_cc_windham_preview.htm

I'll be there with the '77 400 and something vintage, either my 100 or a Jackpiner. Hope to see you there.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

joe novak

Thank you, Brian,   Do they run a two hour hare scramble at Jeepskool on each day; Sat. and Sun.?   I assume there will be more detailed information at a later date.   Joe

brian kirby

Two 1 hour races each day, Vintage bikes first Post Vintage later.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Paul Danik

How did the weekend go?

Paul

Paul Danik

How did the weekend go?

Paul

chicagojerry

the weekend had a pretty decent turnout. close to 90 on sat, and somewhat less on sun.  a lot of pog guys(including jack) showed up at various times over the weekend. there had been a lot of rain the previous days to the event causing some slippery spots on many parts of the vintage race. and then before th pv race, the sky opened up with a deluge of rain and spectacular thunder and lightening. i was doing some trail mods out in the woods when it hit and lightning took down a very mature tree about 150 yards from where i was working.   (the good lord was watching over me on that one:)). the course became a quagmire.  my lay-out partner, jim kuhns and myself ended up completely revising/shortening the course for the sunday session. it was completely ridable and pretty well recieved. all and all a successful weekend despite the uncooperative weather. it was very rewarding to hear from so many how much they appreciated our efforts.    chi jer