Parts needed for 1974 Jackpiner project

Started by Mike Leon, April 03, 2010, 11:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Leon

I raced at VMD last year (73 CR250M) and my daughter really liked all the Pentons.  About a month ago she was home from school and asked if we could build one - so needless to say I jumped on the opportunity.  

We are basically building a1974 175 from scratch.  Any leads on good sources of parts would be appreciated.  

I need a lot but right now looking for a rear conical hub (the one I have is cracked); kick start shaft, kick starter, shifter and frame stays.

Does anyone know someone that sells or can build a pipe? I have one that could be used as a pattern.

Your help is appreciated, I think we have officialy caught the Penton bug.

G Ellis

Mike I have a hub,are you looking for a NOS shift,kickstarter? If not AL has them, look on the supplier page.I have parts for your jack piner. You can call me 217 260 0237 Later Gary

Mike Leon

Gary - Thanks I look forward to speaking with you.

Kip Kern

Mike

Take care of that engine when you get her done.  There are no more clutch plates, kick starter shafts available for the 175's so be gentle and have fun.

Mike Leon

Kip - thanks for the heads up on the parts!  We are looking forward to this project and look forward to posting pictures.

tdthigpen

Mike I have a shifter and kicker I can send you by no means new but will work ok,can deliver to Diamond Dons

Thom Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days (21c)
1972 125 Six Days
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

marsattacks

Mike there is a guy on ebay now parting off a 74 or 75 jackpiner project w/ a rear wheel/tire/sprocket assy refurbd and some other stuff. It won't be cheap at all to go this route but if you want a jump start maybe this will help. He might give you a break if you take over what appears to be a decent start. Welcome and Good luck!

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike