M 30 Shoulder bearings

Started by Dr.2Stroke, February 16, 2002, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.2Stroke

I have a lot of new KTM parts,but this i really dont have: Bearings M30. they were mounted as the main crank bearings in all 560 type engines from 79 to 84 like 350,420 and 495 engines. i could replace them by the new LC 4 crank bearings,but its not original! Anyone has an idea,where to get it? I lost hope to find them,and im searching for over 5 years.... Thanks Dr.2Stroke

DKWRACER

Try looking for "Magneto Bearings" from Applied Industrial Tech, Columbus OHIO...
614-2728700
Good Luck!!!

Thomas Brosius

Mike Lenz

Doctor, Please make a house call to my further questions in the forum under 400 pistons. Also did you get my check for the pistons yet?
Thanks

gary ponce

there might be a good chance that this was a    f a  g  bearing made in germany go to any bearing distributor .  if you dont have any luck e-mail back  hope this will help

gary ponce
gary ponce

Dr.2Stroke

I also asked almost every bearing seller in Europe any holes in their stomaches for these bearings. they were made only by Steyr in Austria. strange,isnt it? Maybe it was one of these special patented bearings,which KTM also builts in in the new 2 stroke engines. Maybe any dealers have some in their "old"parts stock .thanks for helping anyway Dr.2stroke

Heinz Raidel

Doc,

Send me your email address.  

-Heinz
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

Mike Lenz

Doc, I got a set of main bearings from Alan Buehner for my 420. They are SKF bearings #NJ 306 ECP/C3. By the way, my piston questions?? Under the forum "400 pistons.
Thanks

sachsmx

Mike, did you set up the roller bearings to the same specs as the originals or did you use another technique? Also, have you had any problems with the SKF roller bearings?

DKWRACER

Found some info as I went shopping for Magneto bearings at one point:
Try Consolidated Bearings, they dist FAG/SKF STEYER....
M25 = 25x62x17
L30 = 30x62x16
M20 = 20x52x15

Hope this helps...

Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

FYI... Consolidated Bearings Company
10 Wing Drive, Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
Phone: 973-539-8300 • Fax: 973-539-5902
Toll Free: 877-266-2744
http://www.consbrgs.com/

Thomas Brosius

Dr.2Stroke

I know, i could replace the bearings through NJ 306 E roller bearings,but its not original! i found 6 pieces M30 bearings  half a year ago, but i will try  this address. Thanks Dr.2Stroke