1976 400 Cross Country for sale *SOLD*

Started by rob brown, May 17, 2010, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob brown

I rescued this one last week. It is believed to be as noted, but will verify. Please see my post in General Discussion. Price is open to discussion/best offer. I want to see it go to a good home, so it's offered here first. I wish I could keep it but paying bills takes a higher priority for some reason! It does run :) I have a couple of better pics that I can email. They came to me in a word doc format.

Rob Brown
540-815-8411
[email protected]
[email protected]

99% sure I will be coming to VMD; can bring it then, or deliver within a 250 mile range for .50/mile.

http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/katoom_2010/Robs%20pics%202010/
Thanks!

chicagojerry

hi rob, you have an email..   chi jer

rob brown

I added several more pics of the Penton and the 86 KTM 250 in my photobucket account.  Hope this helps.

http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/katoom_2010/Robs%20pics%202010/

rob brown

Ok, I'm comfortable in that it does seem to check out as a 76 400 Cross Country, and the other bike in the pics is a 1986 250 KTM EXC (still not sure the proper term for that year - GS?) Those that have written all want to know a price. Fair enough. Let's say $875 obo each machine and please feel free to give me feedback. Thanks,
Rob

rob brown

PRICE LOWERED. I want to find a good home for this asap. Since "best offer" didn't work, and "875/obo", didn't work, how about "$700 obo"?

Bills to pay, need to move it right away. Come and get it as soon as you can. Can meet you part way if needed.

Kip Kern

Rob

I ride a "76" 400 GS Penton and love it.  It has the heavy crank and enduro exhaust so no "hit" just torque.  I had always ridden a small bore but Kevin Grimes told me that a 400 is the best kept secret in the woods so I built one and discovered that he was correct.  Nothing but torque and traction and if you want to go 60 plus on the road, you can.  Look for the "heavy crank" Pentons/KTM's they are a lot of fun with no scare[:0]  I am sold!

rob brown

Please see update in General section. The Penton and the KTM went to someone from this site. Thanks POG!!