1978 KTM 400 MX-6 for sale

Started by tooclose racing, May 19, 2010, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Hi guys - I have a good friend up here on the North Coast who is selling a race-ready 400 that he has put a ton of TLC into. He is a racer himself who won an AHRMA national MX title last year (attaboy, Loren...).  Anyway, he has also listed the bike on craigslist for the Syracuse, NY area.  I'm going to repeat his description here:

"1978 KTM MX6 400 with 6 speed transmission. Race ready, this bike is a 2008 AHRMA Northeast Motocross Class Champion bike.

Recent new parts:
Complete new top end including STD bore piston, pin, rings and upper rod bearing. New crank bearings and seals, new trans bearings, all new seals and gaskets throughout engine and transmission. New rubber carb flange, Magura controls with power levers, Scott grips, side pull throttle, new vintage bend chrome handle bars, new kill switch, new fork seals and neoprene fork savers, new Ohlins rear shocks, new gas cap (special order from Europe), new 14 tooth primary sprocket and hardware, aftermarket fenders, and probably more items that I am forgetting to list.

Bike has Dunlop 756 rear and Michelin Starcross front tire. Sun rims, original Bing carb tuned to perfection, Marzocchi forks are in excellent condition with no pitting, seat is original and in nice condition, tank is also in very nice condition, large enduro style (3+ gallon capacity). Frame is in excellent condition with no evidence of cracks or welds.

This is a race ready bike, not for the faint hearted rider! I only have about 15 minutes of break-in time on the new engine. I have over $3600.00 invested in this bike but my stable needs to be thinned, asking $ 2995.00. Will consider partial trades of Husqvarna 360 GP or 1977 390 CR.

For test ride and/or inspection of this bike, phone 315 695-3816."

This gentlemen can also be reached at [email protected].  Some photos: