New to forum

Started by kenbike, May 22, 2010, 06:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenbike

I purchased a 73 250cc motor  mounted in a 75 frame last month with a yellow fiberglass tank.  So far it has been just used for riding around my farm.  I hope to get some time to ride in a few vintage races this year and go to vintage days at Mid Ohio.
This bike is so much fun and I really admire the quality that John had put in these bikes.
I just joined POG and look foreword to making most of the meetings.

Growing up just north of Toledo I never realized Penton's started so close to home.

In the 70's I recall a Penton automotive and towing in Toledo.  I pretty sure they sold bikes, does anyone know if they are part of the Penton family from Amherst?

joe novak

Hello,  Welcome to POG!   Congradulations on your recently new Penton 250 (Hare Scrambler?), too.   Since you live locally in Toledo, you might consider attending the monthly POG meeting.  Members (including John Penton) meet at KTM in Amherst, Ohio, which is conveniently located near the turnpike and I-90.  We always welcome all POG members, or non-member guests.  As always, we like to hear what your interest is in Penton motorcycles.  joe

Dave Mitchell

Where north of Toledo? A bunch of us grew up racing out of Piasecki's in Toledo I myself grew up on tracks all over so. michigan and around Toledo. Welcome to POG.Alot of knowledge to be had here. I'm WFO in north Idaho now.
Dave

tomale

Welcome Ken the best place on the internet for Vintage bikes... This really is the Gold standard or forums.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Dave Mitchell

Piasecki's was the shop your thinking of they also had a towing service they were the penton dealer for Toledo.Alot of top riders rode out of thier stable.Kevin and Jeff Piasecki,Jeff Greenberg,Ron Yarko I'm pretty sure maybe Jon Leak.I also did all my penton business there.I have to say when all of us showed up at Travelers,Blackhawks,Dux,Mid Ohio,Victor Park it was usually a sea of green up front.Man it was insane.Kevin for shure made it to the ISDT.Leak an Ohio state champion.Alot of talent,alot of memories.
Dave

chicagojerry

ken's a good guy and actually lives in wakeman oh now. he was at the last pog meeting. i rebuilt the motor on what is now his bike and when he picked the bike up, he was riding it in the woods behind my house to try it out. he was gone so long that i went back there to make sure he was ok. :) welcome to the group. its a good place to be.        chicago jerry

marsattacks

Welcome Ken -- this is a great group, none better!  Regards, John
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

kenbike

I grew just 5 miles north of DUX race track in Lambertville, MI.  I watched the races but never raced the junk bikes I had. A Sears 106 street bike just would not work!

garrettccovington

Welcome to the group!!!  These guys are the best. I just wish more So Cal guys would join.  I guess I got to get out and stump.

g

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

rob w

Hi Ken, Greetings and welcome

Quotequote:Originally posted by kenbike

I grew just 5 miles north of DUX race track in Lambertville, MI.  I watched the races but never raced the junk bikes I had. A Sears 106 street bike just would not work!

Fellow Michigander
Bob

jeff greenberg

Hey Ken, Let me also throw you a "welcome to the group"!  I grew up 5 miles south of Dux. Dux was my first ever race on a Honda mini trail 50 of all things. Ha!
Jeff