Mike Alessi-- KTM 350 SX-F--Hangtown Classic

Started by Steve Minor, May 24, 2010, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Sure was nice to see KTM "on the box" this weekend!

"Prairie City, CA – Jagermeister/KTM rider Mike Alessi reinforced that the KTM 350 SX-F is a bike that can run with the 450cc machines after earning 4-1 moto scores for 2nd overall at the opening round of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship at the Hangtown Classic"

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

And just wait till they go indoors.  I think that 350 will do even better against the 450'S in that tighter-quicker acceleration environment.  Go Orange!:D

Larry P

rfpotter

And if you did not see it. Alessi won the holeshot againest the 450's and left them. Big, big lead, slowed for safety on the last laps so winning margin looks a lot closer than it was.

Also a good effort by Tommy Searle on the 250's.

Patrick

jeff greenberg

Yes! Good to see Mike racing again. Those KTM's are rock'n. Doesn't hurt to have Stefan Everts helping the team!
Jeff

Larry Perkins

And just wait till they go indoors.  I think that 350 will do even better against the 450'S in that tighter-quicker acceleration environment.  Go Orange!:D

Larry P

rfpotter

And if you did not see it. Alessi won the holeshot againest the 450's and left them. Big, big lead, slowed for safety on the last laps so winning margin looks a lot closer than it was.

Also a good effort by Tommy Searle on the 250's.

Patrick

jeff greenberg

Yes! Good to see Mike racing again. Those KTM's are rock'n. Doesn't hurt to have Stefan Everts helping the team!
Jeff

Mike Lenz

I dont know about you but I watched that race twice and Mikes bike was WAY smoother than the rest! I think they are on to something with the new linkage also!

brian kirby

I have to admit, I was skeptical of the 350 but it looks to be everything KTM said it would be. Even more telling than Alessi's second moto start was in the first moto when he was dicing with Grant, Alessi did NOT get pulled up that big steep hill. The start was flat and very short so Alessi could probably pull a holeshot on a 250F because of the jump he gets, but there is no hiding HP on that big uphill and he didnt give up anything.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

jeff greenberg

Good points Brian. In a post race interview Chad reed said that they could make the 450's have even more HP if they wanted too but they gotta be ridable. Those bikes must pull your arms out of your shoulder sockets! Notice how those guys are putting in those "seat bumps" to help them stay in the proper position under acceleration. Holy cow!
JG

brian kirby

Obviously I have never ridden one of those factory 450s, but I've ridden stock 450s and I can tell you even stock they have more HP than I know what to do with. I have no doubt that KTMs new 350 will be the better way for the average guy to go. I hope they make an XC version of it next year, that might make me get a diesel instead of a two stroke.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian