Holy 100cc cylinder!

Started by Dale Fisher, May 25, 2010, 07:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Looks like the 100cc cylinder listed on Ebay is going the way of the 152 kit.  It also has been re-listed at a "buy it now price" of $699.

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

thrownchain

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Just cuz he thinks he'll get $699, doesn't mean he ever will.....

Larry Perkins

About 10 years ago I sold a couple of COMPLETE NOS Sachs motors for $500 a piece and thought I killed the fatted hog.  I had 5 of them and took 3 apart because the NOS crank assemblies and shifting mechanisms & keys were pretty easy sellers.  NOS shift keys then brought $50-$125.  I had probably 20 of these 100 topend kits with piston, rings, bearing, gaskets, and everything and sold them for $100-$150 a set.  Oh yes, bread was a nickle then I think.  LOL!:D

As far as the getting $699 goes I bet if he does not blink and can afford to sit he will eventually get it, maybe sooner than later.  Like I said a lot 10 years ago, "They're not making anymore of them."  Still true.

Larry P

joe novak

Hello,  There is an issue regarding the availability of parts for vintage Pentons.   Currently, several reproduction parts are produced.  Those which I am aware of include: metal and plastic fenders, air cleaners, handle bars, shocks, Sachs shifter keys, seat covers, foam, and bases, fork boots and wipers, rods, kick-starters, side covers, et.al.  I do not know where to locate Sachs 100cc cylinder liners, or all the correct pistons and rings.  I think the last available over-size piston offered for the Sachs 100cc was 49.5mm.  (Is this 0.060" O.S.?)   The point is that I am considering contacting WISECO which is conveniently located down the road in Cleveland, Ohio.  They do have the capability to produce custom pistons.  I heard that if produced in lots of 10+, it becomes cost effective for the buyer.  I would suggest a Sachs piston of 50.0mm.  The price of the custom pistons will hopefully eliminate the need of replacing or locating a cylinder liner.  Any thoughts or other ideas.  Thank you,  Joe

firstturn

Dale,
  I love the picture.....

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

thrownchain

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Just cuz he thinks he'll get $699, doesn't mean he ever will.....

Larry Perkins

About 10 years ago I sold a couple of COMPLETE NOS Sachs motors for $500 a piece and thought I killed the fatted hog.  I had 5 of them and took 3 apart because the NOS crank assemblies and shifting mechanisms & keys were pretty easy sellers.  NOS shift keys then brought $50-$125.  I had probably 20 of these 100 topend kits with piston, rings, bearing, gaskets, and everything and sold them for $100-$150 a set.  Oh yes, bread was a nickle then I think.  LOL!:D

As far as the getting $699 goes I bet if he does not blink and can afford to sit he will eventually get it, maybe sooner than later.  Like I said a lot 10 years ago, "They're not making anymore of them."  Still true.

Larry P

joe novak

Hello,  There is an issue regarding the availability of parts for vintage Pentons.   Currently, several reproduction parts are produced.  Those which I am aware of include: metal and plastic fenders, air cleaners, handle bars, shocks, Sachs shifter keys, seat covers, foam, and bases, fork boots and wipers, rods, kick-starters, side covers, et.al.  I do not know where to locate Sachs 100cc cylinder liners, or all the correct pistons and rings.  I think the last available over-size piston offered for the Sachs 100cc was 49.5mm.  (Is this 0.060" O.S.?)   The point is that I am considering contacting WISECO which is conveniently located down the road in Cleveland, Ohio.  They do have the capability to produce custom pistons.  I heard that if produced in lots of 10+, it becomes cost effective for the buyer.  I would suggest a Sachs piston of 50.0mm.  The price of the custom pistons will hopefully eliminate the need of replacing or locating a cylinder liner.  Any thoughts or other ideas.  Thank you,  Joe

firstturn

Dale,
  I love the picture.....

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

garrettccovington

I'll take the used knobbies, worn countershaft sprocket and rear fender mount/electrical conduit bracket too, if I can get a copy of the pic thrown in.[:p]

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Ron

Anyone know what the final price was, just curious.

Dale Fisher

It's offered at a "buy it now" price of $699.  I don't believe he will have any takers at the moment.

"
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

firstturn

I think it was $227.50 and didn't meet reserve....obviously.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dave Mitchell

Man I knew when that show "pickers" came out it twernt gonna be good for us.But I guess it could matter if your buying or selling.But for me its always been if I'm selling it's not worth squat, if I'm buying it's priceless.
Dave

VICTOR MONZ

I seem to always buy high and sell low....but it is worth the fun of riding....I could be tossing a $500 driver into the pond on the 17th hole at Diamond valley Coarse in Hemet. CA.

Victor