Carolinas White Lightning Cross County Classic

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, May 27, 2010, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

I hope you ALL are making plans to attend our 2nd Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic, rounds 10 & 11 of the AHRMA/Penton Owners Group National Cross Country Championship Series.

The 2nd Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic will take place over the weekend of June 26 and 27 at spectacular Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park http://www.bmmspark.com/ near Taylorsville, North Carolina.

My partner ISDT Veteran Greg Holder and I have been praying for good weather for over a year now, so we are optimistic that the Good Lord will provide us all with crisp, clear Carolina Blue skies for the weekend.

Greg and I have one AWESOME six+ mile race course laid out, maybe seven miles with a couple of other sections we are considering.  It will feature a very diverse selection of terrain with breathtaking views, exhilarating elevation changes, and plenty of opportunities to defy gravity and the laws of physics.

In putting the course together Greg rides his hopped up 1973 Honda SL100, so we know the course is rideable, safe and fun for the broad spectrum of riders and machinery that will participate in our epic event.

We are considering reversing the course for Sunday's races, but only if we deem the resultant steep downhill switchbacks safe for a true vintage bike, and, more importantly, true vintage brakes.

You can view and print our event flier at:

http://www.ahrma.org/Z-2010/Forms/2010_CC_White_Lightning%20.pdf

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns by e-mailing [email protected]

Happy trails,

Al Roof
Veteran Crash Test Dummy, Gracious Host to Nasty Microscopic Critters, and Pharmaceutical Lab Rat

Larry Perkins

Wish I was going but AHRMA scheduled VMX & PVMX on the same days in Casey, Illinois.  Bummer!  Trying o enjoy some Vintage while on our Best In The Desert break.

Larry P

BlueRidgePathfinder

Dang them AHRMA schedulers!  How dare they!

But seriously, the is no such thing as a perfect date, with no conflicts.  We'll miss you Larry.

BlueRidgePathfinder

You DO NOT want to miss our event.

Unique and highly desireable awards are in the works.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks!

Just a gentle reminder.....our 2nd Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic, rounds ten and eleven of the AHRMA/Penton Owners Group National Cross Country Championship Series is just a little over a week away.

For more info, visit:

http://ahrma.org/Z-2010/Forms/2010_CC_White_Lightning%20.pdf

The staff at Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park, the AHRMA Cross Country Event Team, Greg Holder and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

tlanders

Our cross country events are becoming dominated by a foreign bike manufacturer - Huskies. We need more American bike entries, so come on Penton Owners Groupers, enter this event!!!!

See you there,

Teddy

Ernie Phillips

Flying Squirrels are going to try and make it.   We'll be on Penton Sport Cycles of course!-EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Dwight Rudder

I am trying to get an early 74 Penton 250 going. I didn't want to ride my Ossa but save it for the ISDT series. Actually , I just wanted an excuse to fix up another bike. LOL. I plan on riding my XR200R in the Post Vintage.  Unless someone wants to rebuild my Ohlins from my 1982 Husky , Friday evening. LOL.
See you there .

dennis brown

i'd like to be there but family things come first i'll be seeing my dad in texas. teddy ,just wondered what parts of a penton were made is usa? i have a 1980 250 ktm and not found any usa parts,

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

454MRW

Dennis,
Don't you know? Back even before 1967 and the introduction of the Penton Sports Cycle, these bikes were given a heart from a remarkable gentleman from Ohio, John Penton, and the family tradition of excellence has been carried on with the entire KTM family. Born in the USA and built with care by family members in Austria. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

dennis brown

mike .my first dirt bike was a sachs73cc boondocker,bought from john penton. my first penton was a 125  frame number 23.i have had 3 175s now this 250 ktm. in many ways husqvarnas are a product of john penton he and his sons won many events on them.johns championship was won on a husky. i have always enjoyed the rivalry between the two brands, and i am sure it will remain that way,thats what makes it fun

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Lew Mayer

Sorry, Teddy. Not quite healed up enough to make this one. Maybe Mountainfest.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

454MRW

Dennis,
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Huskys weren't top notch bikes that John raced, but correct me if I'm wrong that Huskys weren't built for John to his requirements, he just had to work with what they provided, while KTM was building bikes to Johns exacting requirements, and otherwise may have never even produced competition bikes that were up to the challenges that John put them through. Mike

Michael R. Winter
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

BlueRidgePathfinder

There will be NO CHARGE for camping to those attending our AHRMA race weekend at Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park.  Greg Holder and I arranged for FREE camping for our participants.

There are NO Hookups for electrical, water, or sewer at the facility.

There are very nice, very clean, heated and air-conditioned bathrooms with showers at Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park.  It is so nice to be able to shower after a days riding.

Y'all come!

Al Roof

dennis brown

mike. belive me no one has more respect for pentons the bike or the family than me i live only 50 miles from amherst,oh. saw then  reg. but huskys 17 national championships in enduro not too shabby

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown