The Dalton Bible, "ISDT '73: the Olympics of motor

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, June 06, 2010, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Folks,

Follow six months of unemployment (under-employment) and six weeks of unpaid disability, with a string of unfortunate events much akin to the biblical trials of Job, my family and I are in financial dire straits, I HAVE to sell some prized possessions.

The first item was a gift from a dear friend, and Vinduro brother.  I hope he will forgive me for doing this, and regret having to do so.

For sale is what we consider to be The Dalton Bible, "ISDT '73: the Olympics of motorcycling;: The official pictorial record of the 48th International Six Days Trial, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA"

This book is hardcover, with the original sleeve, and I consider it to be in Very Good to Excellent condition.

On January 22, 2000 ISDT Reunion Ride principal proponent Jeff DeBell wrote:  "I am fortunate to have owned a copy of this book since 1974. If you are a fan of the ISDT you will not be disappointed. I cannot tell you how many hundreds of times I have picked this book up just to look at the photos. It also contains a brief but excellent history of the ISDT as well as the personnel responsible for and the events leading up to the 48th ISDT in Dalton. An excellent reference for complete rider list and individual and team standings. Includes a day-by-day recount of the event and follows the progress of the US Vase A team which won the Silver Vase Trophy for the first time ever. If you rode the woods when the Pentons, Malcolm Smith, Dick Burleson etc were the top riders, then you will love this book. Top notch still and action photos, too, both color and black and white, of many of your favorite riders. If you can find a copy, grab it!"

This book is highly desirable and has been out of print for a long, long time.

I would be willing to sell my copy for $100.00 +5.00 for US Postal Service Priority Mail postage.

I NEED for payment to be made via PayPal.  My PayPal I.D. is the same as my e-mail address, that is [email protected]

Thank you, in advance, for helping a friend in need.

Sincerely,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof

Dave Mitchell

Al,If I wasn,t in just about the very same situation what I would do for you is give you the 100.00 for the book,hold it for you and when things got better it would be waiting for you.But I had to take a part time job at home depot then proceeded to screw up my rotator cuff.When it rains it pours .I would bet there is a fellow pogger out there that would do the same.If you would be up for it.How about it gents?
Dave

rob w

Oh yeah, I'm hurt'n too. But yesterday I got a wonderful phone call - just landed a well paying, short term job (4 weeks) constructing a private motocross track. Still does'nt pave the way to a successful future - but it'll make for 4 weeks of a lot less stress, and some fun as well.
Al, you actually live in promising area. Try moving to Michigan, and finding decent opportunities.
Good luck to all, and have a great day. :)

sachsmx

Hi Al, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope your book finds/has found a good home. I wish I could help but I have shot my wad on my 420 project which continues to nickel and dime me to death for small parts and shipping costs. I don't know if you remember, but I bought the old Hercules banner from you several years ago.

SouthRider

Al,

I'll take the book, and as the others said it's yours whenever you need or want it back.

I'm fortunate enough to be in an area that's not hurting right now.

Please confirm to me that the book hasn't sold, and I'll send the paypal. My email address is [email protected]

Thanx for all that you do.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Dave Mitchell

A better group of poeple I don't believe I've seen.
Dave