Berkshire

Started by Jerry Chafton, June 12, 2010, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Chafton

Selling a 100cc Berkshire. This Penton was purchased at a warehouse/mc dealership auction sale. It had been stored inside the warehouse since 1983 (according to the newspaper waded up in the cylinder bore). The head, pipe, seat, shifter, kick started, and fenders had been stripped off. I took the bike down to the frame, sandblasted, checked for any cracks, etc. Primed, painted with three coats, and clear coated. The engine support had already been modified for extra support. The gas tank is absolutely beautiful. It has never had ethanol in it but I sealed the inside anyway and installed new decals.
I split the cases and rebuilt the engine with new bearings, seals, rings, shims, etc. The transmission was built back with new shims where needed and adjusted to specs. This Berkshire shifts better than any I have seen and runs great.
It still has the street universal tires on it from back in the day. I don't think this bike had been raced much because there appears to have never been a rim lock in the wheels and it does not have knobbys.
May have been flat tracked but don't know. It had Andres bars that are extra wide.
Besides tires it needs era-correct side covers (they are take offs from my 250 and the left side is broken). It needs a chain guard/guide and I installed like new MX style DC plastic fenders. My grandson rides it daily. This is a very good Berky. It has new cables and grips on Magura controls. New shifter and kick starter. It has Cerani forks and Koni shocks.
The frame serial number is 21260019 and the engine is 7828088. I will furnish pictures on request. I can be emailed at [email protected]