73 Hare Scrambler Engine / Cases Needed

Started by hotrod392, June 23, 2010, 08:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod392

POG Group,
I have been looking for a good '73 250 project for my collection for a while. I was recently lucky enough to find a great candidate, but it has a little problem. At some point in its history, the case was damaged and the motor was disassembled. One half of the case was welded and the other disappeared. The rest of the motor is in great condition.

I have all the original documentation and the original motor number was 3-5401442

I am restoring this bike and need a motor, bottom end or bare cases that will be as correct as possible for the bike.

Can anyone help? Will consider all options and will be at Mid Ohio this year.

I also need an original pipe end (the one with two outlets) or a complete pipe (I can do the repop if necessary).

Thanks to the club for hosting this site, I look forward to the Pentonville get-together in Ohio.
Thanks

Shane Weckerly
[email protected]

firstturn

Shane,
  I have a engine that is cases only.  # 4-5402728  It came out of a black engine gold tank Penton 250.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

If Ron C doesn't have what you want, I have a 73 bottom end that is ready to go, painted and all.
Rocket

hotrod392

Rocket,
I am interested, sounds exactly like what I need. Please e-mail or call me with price and info.
[email protected] or 270-843-3660 eves.

Ron,
Thanks for the offer, I will go your way if Rocket's doesn't work out and I can't find a 73 date coded engine (you know how I am... ;)).

Rocket

HotRod392
Sent you an email with pictures of the motor.
Rocket