****SOLD**** FS: 1977 Penton 175 MC5 AHRMA Racer

Started by Dennis Jones, June 25, 2010, 03:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

This was a hard choice to make but I am putting up for sale my 77 175 MC5. This is basicly a NEW bike. It was built to be a competitive reliable racer for the AHRMA Historic 200 Cross Country class.

I don't know where to start, everything on the bike is either new or rebuilt with as much emphasis put on good looks as performance and reliability.

The frame and swingarm were stripped and professionly painted with new swingarm bearings installed.
Conical front wheel with new Michelin S12's front and rear.
New handle bars from Stricktly Hodaka with Magura levers, new cables, and new Moose bark busters.
The tank is a new Clarke plastic unit, no more issues with bad gas and glass tanks.
Fenders and side panels are new DC Plastic units with the side panels being very rare GLOSSY ones.
The seat is not new but this is the best Penton seat I have ever saw. The foam is the perfect balance between soft and firm!
New Ohlins piggy back rear shocks to smooth out the course.
Exhaust is a Torque/Snake pipe and all this is put together with stainless hardware.

Of course all this is no good without a power plant. For that my buddy Gary Ellis furnished me with a proper built six fin 175 motor and Lectron flat slide carb. The bike has a total of about one hour breakin time on it.

I'm located in Cape Girardeau, MO and may possibly be able to deliver to Mid-Ohio.

$3500
 The Pictures should speak for themselves.

Why am I selling? I'm more interested in doing this kind of riding than I am in racing these days.

Thanks for looking.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Rocket

Beautiful bike Dennis.  I will be in Colorado early part of September riding if you are interested.
Rod

JCHubbard

JC Hubbard

Tim McKinney

Beautiful! Suspension set up for what weight rider?

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Kip Kern

Awesome machine Dennis!  I too am wanting to do the adventure touring thing here in the future.  Hopefully, I will be able to ride a new BMW F800GS at Mid Ohio this year.  Kinda like to do Barstow to Vegas before the earth Nazi's ruin it!  Man, you do excellent work!

Dennis Jones

Thanks Guys,

Tim, I had the shocks built for a 175# rider plus gear.

Rod, we are going to Colorado but it may be earlier than September. Have not decided where yet, maybe Ouray or Taylor. I would love to ride with you, may have to make two trips.

Kip, I have found the best accessory ever made for a dirt bike to be a license plate. Check out what these guys are doing with an 800GS
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584006

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

slvrbrdfxr

Dennis,
Nice job on the MC5 !!
Dave McC

Kip, There is a very nice used 2009 800GS for sale on craigslist just south of Tulsa in case you are interested in one. Here is the link : http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/1807284550.html

Rocket

Dennis
Have cabins rented at Taylor Sept 6-10.  Probably ride south of Gunnison on the 5th and then head up to Taylor.
Rod

Dave Withrow

I used to fish the Taylor and the Gunnison back in '83.  Loved that whole area.  Wonder how much it has changed?  Sounds like a blast!  Have fun, Dennis.......take a lot of bananas.

Jim Dale

Dennis,
The bike is awesome! I promise to take good care of it.
Thanks for the easy transaction.
Have fun with your new dual sport.
Jim
Jim

firstturn

Jim,
  Very nice bike.  Glad someone in the POG was able to buy it.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh