VMD Question

Started by Gordon Brennan, June 28, 2010, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Brennan

I am competing and camping at VMD. Does my race registration fee include camping access? I wasn't sure, so to be safe, I tried to purchase a camping pass on line, but it wouldn't let me, saying I needed to purchase admission tickets as well. I called to explain that my pre race registration included my admission tickets and the woman on the phone wasn't too sure what to do.
As a matter of fact when I was describing where I wanted to camp, I said accross from the Moto-Cross track. She replied that there would not be any Moto-Cross this year at VMD. At this point, I knew I was talking to the wrong person.
Do I have to purchase a seperate camping pass, or can I camp in the pits, by the Trials event start?
Thanks

Ernie Phillips

Gordon,  

Not sure what you get with your AMA entry fee.  Up until last year, your entry fee got you early access to VMD on Thursday via Ross Road entry point, camping, and two crew member passes for the weekend ---  A great value!  

quote:  "As a matter of fact when I was describing where I wanted to camp, I said accross from the Moto-Cross track. She replied that there would not be any Moto-Cross this year at VMD. At this point, I knew I was talking to the wrong person."

Many have complained for years that VMD didn't have a Moto Cross track.   Now that the AMA has had a full year to work out the bugs, layout a proper MX course, lengthen the CC course ... it will be better?  I hope the weather cooperates.  Good luck to the Penton racers and Happy Birthday to the Penton men.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

brian kirby

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gordon Brennan

She replied that there would not be any Moto-Cross this year at VMD. At this point, I knew I was talking to the wrong person.

I'm sure glad the AMA swooped in to "save" vintage racing last year.

Brian
Brian

Gordon Brennan

Quotequote:Originally posted by brian kirby

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gordon Brennan

She replied that there would not be any Moto-Cross this year at VMD. At this point, I knew I was talking to the wrong person.

I'm sure glad the AMA swooped in to "save" vintage racing last year.

Brian

I'll take that as sarcasm.

Gordon Brennan

Just heard back from the AMA. Race entry fees include camping.

Mike Hufnagel

It does include camping, but ONLYin the pit area.
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

Gordon Brennan

Jeez, I always thought the camping area and pit area off Ross Road were the same place.
Thanks Mike

Mike Hufnagel

I'm not camping in the pits though. I'll be over somewhere by the tree line with some of my drunken friends. (I was going to brew a beer for Mid Ohio , but just didn't have the time to do so).
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.