ISDT Qualifier Westpoint Trails & Stuff 2010

Started by Tennessee Vol, August 29, 2010, 08:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Vol

Guys we completed the trails for Day #1 this weekend.It will consist of different 4 woods terrain tests and 1 lap around the grass track.I think it is going to be a good layout that everyone will enjoy. 47-50 total miles.

Day 2 will consist of 3 different woods terrain tests and the final 5 lap grass track.32-34 total miles.

Day 1 & Day 2 will be totally different trails and you will not ride any of the special tests or transfer sections but 1 time.

We are hoping  to see a lot of you out for the race.There has been 100's and 100's of man hours put in for preping for this race under the hottest summer in recorded history for this area.I want to give a big shout out to all the club members of the North Alabama Trail Riders for the work put into this race.Everone should support these clubs that put this much effort into the AHRMA ISDT Series for us old men-you do not realize how lucky you are to have this kind of support guys.Think of how many clubs across America would put forth the effort for 70-90 riders on 30- 40 year old bikes??

Don't forget the legend Enduro racer at this race will be Terry Cunningham 4X National champion on his 1982 Husqvarna.Bring you helmets or ISDT items for him to autograph.

Also don't forget Saturday afternoon the buddie harescrambles at the campground.It starts at 3pm and has classes for all riders including Vintage classes----Family (Father Son etc) all the proceeds will go to Club member Jermey Ketchum's trip to represent the U.S. at this years Six Day's in Mexico.

There will also be a trail ride Friday afternoon around 1-2pm by trailmaster Ron Pruitt for anyone wanting to come early and go on a ride.If you want to come on Thursday or even Wednesday I will be there all day everyday and yopu are more than welcome to camp and stay on the creek and we can ride all you want.Just PM me or e-mail.

There will be a BBQ Friday afternoon at 5-6pm and the Westpoint Ladies Aux  will have food at the campground on Saturday.

Please PM me or e-mail any questions you might have. [email protected]

Hope to see you all there.

Bojo Stults

Bobby Stults

Dwight Rudder

What is a Legend Enduro Racer ?   Not to say that TC is not a Famous Enduro rider but we usually have others at these events too.  Like Jeff Smith, Helmut "Speedy" Clasen, Jack Penton and others.

Tennessee Vol

Well Dwight,
 AHRMA has a legend racer and use it as a promotion at almost every event either MX Roadrace or offroad if you look at any of the AHRMA races.

Terry lives in Tennessee and has graciously agreed to race our race  in Tennessee.

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

firstturn

Thanks Bobby for your Hard Work and tireless effort on putting this Qualifier together.  Actually I have always considered it a honor to watch someone of Terry Cunningham caliber attend these Races/Enduros or what ever competition.  Keep up the Great Work.  And Thanks Terry for taking the time to attend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

No, I am not jealous for sure and I didn't mean it to sound negative. Only I think that to single one rider out with that terminology isn't right.  Now if you were to call him the Grand Marshal or something like that would be more correct and wouldn't put down other "Legends" that might be in attendance.  I didn't know that AHRMA typically used this sort of thing to promote events. I know that putting on events is hard and I for one appreciate all that you and others do.  Thanks to Craig Hayes and KeyTime Motorsports for supplying TC a bike so he can attend.  I would love to see Terry at more of these type events.
Dwight

brian kirby

The confusion is AHRMA has what is essentially a Grand Marshall for each event only they call it the "Legend Honoree" for that event, which for Westpoint will be Terry Cunningham. It started because of Legend shocks sponsoring it and it was only for MX but last year they added it too the CC series. To my knowledge TC will be the first Cross Country honoree to actually show up at the event.

Brian
Brian

chicagojerry

if i am not mistaken the "lengend honoree" thing was derived from the "legends group"  within ahrma. they are a somewhat anonymous group of contributors that started their sponsorship of the vmx series. the one year they branched out to the CC series too before POG took it over the next year. i do not believe that it had anything to do with legend shocks. also, dane showed up when he was the honoree at tomahawk in wv in '08. that was the day i blew my knee out. i think that a couple of other honorees have shown up too maybe even last year at the reunion ride. chi jer

Dwight Rudder

Legend Honoree works for me, LOL.  ANYWAY, I do hope to see Terry at this event and hope he likes it enough to attend the ISDTR.
I am planning on riding my 1982 XC250 Husky this weekend in a SERA H/S against modern bikes.  Wish me luck !
Dwight

Tennessee Vol

Hey guys just thought I would let you know who contacted me he through the POG group and said he would like to come to the race and also wanted to know about the Reunion ride.

Could some of you e-mail him and give him a update.

The famous Todd Applegate [:o)] [email protected]

Here is his question:
When is the Event in Tennessee ?

Thanks
Todd A
Columbus, Ohio

BTW< when is the ISDE Reunion ride..?

Is there a class for a bike as new as 1993 KDX 200?
or does it have to be pre 1985 ?
Bobby Stults

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

Bobby,

Congratulations, you are on Todd's A-List.  He is communicating with you.  Most folks end up wishing they never communicated with him. LOL

Tony
Tony

Dwight Rudder

I'm sorry for you BoJo.   That guy still owes me money for Tshirt and program for one of the events. Asked me to pick them up for him and I even got a lot of ISDT riders to sign program.  Then he starts whinning about not having the money to pay me for what he asked me to buy him.

Joe Murphy

hey BOJO,
is there anyplace around WestPoint that sells racing fuel? I could burn moonshine but the locals would probably frown on that.
i probably will be a mid friday arrival
Murph

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Joe Murphy

hey BOJO,
is there anyplace around WestPoint that sells racing fuel? I could burn moonshine but the locals would probably frown on that.
i probably will be a mid friday arrival
Murph

Westpoint isn't even much of a town. Doesn't even have an airport. See if you can get AvGas at Lawrenceburg Airport. About 18miles north.

Tennessee Vol

oe can't wait to see you here is your answer-- we get our race fuel at Wilson Oil in Lawrenceburg.It is one street over and about less than 1/2 mile from McDonalds.Pull in go in the office and tell them you need race fuel and they will go out and pump it for you.They are good people.

Address:
Wilson Oil Company
926 North Military Ave
Lawrenceburg,Tennessee 38464-2631
Bobby Stults